• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Loose Juliet Lens?

Dieseltech

Titanium Collector
Premium Member
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hello I have a question maybe you all could help me with. I have an old pair of 1st generation Juliets. I had some Ruby lenses in them but they were old and scratched.
I know they are getting harder to find lenses for so today I drove down to the Oakley Vault store in San Marcos. Which is my favorite Oakley store by the way.

Anyway I was excited to hear they had a pair of Ruby lenses, then when they pulled them out of the box one was scratched. :(
So I settled for a set of Fire

My question is one of them is loose in the frame. It kind of moves around a little bit. The old one didn't do that. They are Oakley lenses I bought them at the Vault store. They even put a different one in for me and same thing. Are my frames just old and maybe damaged, or are new lenses different?

Last edited by a moderator:
this is common with early x-metals. its to do with the tolerances involved in the early casting process and nothing to worry about. just put a thin strip of electrical tape in the orbital groove to take up the play.

Okay thank you very much for the info. l just was kind of like huh I don't think they are supposed to do that :)

Thanks for that link! See this is what I love about this Forum, I had no idea this was a problem with early model X-Metals, but I can ask a question and there are bunch of experts to answer it right away! Thanks I feel better.

Ye
View attachment 109406 View attachment 109406 View attachment 109407 View attachment 109408 Hello I have a question maybe you all could help me with. I have an old pair of 1st generation Juliets. I had some Ruby lenses in them but they were old and scratched.
I know they are getting harder to find lenses for so today I drove down to the Oakley Vault store in San Marcos. Which is my favorite Oakley store by the way.

Anyway I was excited to hear they had a pair of Ruby lenses, then when they pulled them out of the box one was scratched. :(
So I settled for a set of Fire

My question is one of them is loose in the frame. It kind of moves around a little bit. The old one didn't do that. They are Oakley lenses I bought them at the Vault store. They even put a different one in for me and same thing. Are my frames just old and maybe damaged, or are new lenses different?
Yes, I have a pair of ice lenses and the left lens has a sloght play/movement in it when I clean them. Nothing to worry about. They're not going anywhere!

Back