• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About My Juliets & A-Wires - Save, Sell, Or Toss??? PICS ADDED

Last of the pics
DSCN2825 (1024x768) (2).jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2828 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN2828 (1024x768).jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN2829 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN2829 (1024x768).jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN2830 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN2830 (1024x768).jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN2831 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN2831 (1024x768).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN2832 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN2832 (1024x768).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN2833 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN2833 (1024x768).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 120
Sorry if this is too pic heavy. Let me know if I need to change the way I posted the pics or move them to another area. Also, they are for sale, should I post these in a different area if I am offering for sale? I have had two offers, only one of them was very solid, so if you are interested throw out some numbers and let see who wins! Hahaha. Thanks again to everyone for helping me with all my questions on these! (no interest in the A wires huh?) :)

If you want to sell them here you must follow the forum rules and use the exchange. You have access to the exchange after being a member for two weeks and making at least 15 posts. Or you can buy a premium membership and have immediate access.

OK thanks again Kronin. I did read the forum & exchange rules but I still have a couple of questions that I didnt find answer to there.

#1 So before I posted today I had a few members PM me with interest an offers to buy if I decided to sell. It sounds like you can sell to "friends" via PM prior to listing but these PM were not from quote/unquote friends. (since I dont have any yet :sad: :biggrin:) So would I not be allowed to sell via those PM's and that I have to list them on the exchange?

#2 The rules say to honor the first PM but if I have more than one person interested and someone is willing to pay more than the other, I cant turn down a lower offer to accept a higher one?

Sorry for the stupid n00b questions, but I honestly appreciate the help from everyone here so far - and I am totally a noob here and want to follow the rules, treat people fairly, and not get booted either! :angel:

OK thanks again Kronin. I did read the forum & exchange rules but I still have a couple of questions that I didnt find answer to there.

#1 So before I posted today I had a few members PM me with interest an offers to buy if I decided to sell. It sounds like you can sell to "friends" via PM prior to listing but these PM were not from quote/unquote friends. (since I dont have any yet :sad: :biggrin:) So would I not be allowed to sell via those PM's and that I have to list them on the exchange?

#2 The rules say to honor the first PM but if I have more than one person interested and someone is willing to pay more than the other, I cant turn down a lower offer to accept a higher one?

Sorry for the stupid n00b questions, but I honestly appreciate the help from everyone here so far - and I am totally a noob here and want to follow the rules, treat people fairly, and not get booted either! :angel:

IMO it's the thought that counts - it's one thing for a newbie to run around posting and PM'ing members trying to sell stuff and circumvent the exchange and its rules (especially asking "how much will you pay for..?). It's another when members reach out to you, out of the blue, offering to buy something you've posted (assuming the post wasn't "want to sell"...).

The exchange was added as a service and the rules are designed to facilitate smooth transactions and discourage posers looking to drop in, make a quick buck, then run off. But it's not like using the exchange for every transaction is mandatory.

Often a transaction will start outside of the exchange and a deal thread is created after the fact so there is a thread to link feedback to (thread links are mandatory when leaving feedback). So, there's nothing requiring you to do your business on the exchange; if you at least follow the spirit of the "law" I think the Mods will tolerate it.

The rule about honoring the first PM is in the context of an exchange posting with a listed price and more than one person responding to it. In this case you had people PM'ing you different offers; you never posted on the exchange or set a price. The rules are trying to avoid bidding wars; this ain't abay. But who you choose to do business with, if at all, is ultimately up to you.

For example, if I posted a WTS and got two PMs for my listed price, the first from a member who's rubbed me the wrong way in the past and the second from a member who I like, I wouldn't be forced to do business with the first jerk; I could still sell to the guy I like. But, if the first guy finds out, he's likely to be pissed, and things get worse. That is why the exchange suggests you consider offering something to any friends (that you've made by participating in discussions) who might be interested before posting on the exchange, to avoid the sort of favoritism conflict as in my example.

Remember, first and foremost this forum is about communicating and building relationships with others who share an Oakley passion. Buying / selling / trading is just an outgrowth of that.

Again, all this is my opinion; I'm not a Mod. Others may feel differently

But if you buy a premium membership, they'll let you get away with anything! Hahahaha!!:vinsent:

Haha!

Ok yeah, sounds alot like the FS threads on helifreak, an rc heli forum I belong to.

Honestly I first just came here to get info on whether the 3 glasses i have would be desirable to collectors and if so what kind of $ theyd be worth, then maybe try & sell them locally on CL or feebay (reluctantly). Didn't even think about a FS area or selling here but in hindsight, yeah, DUH, makes total sense.

And I did start thinking about getting the highest bidder, kinda natural to do so i guess, but I really am not looking to get rich or gouge anyone and I really appreciate the help from some of the guys, you included, so that has been on my mind too when considering offers.

And Im not an Oakley collector or really consider myself 'passionate' about them so to speak, but I guess since I've loved Oakleys for over 3 decades now and they are my only brand - I guess I am pretty passionate!

But as happens alot of times I found interesting info here that I wasn't even thinking about and its kinda reignited some of my interest in different oakley styles so now I'm getting back into it more.

Now its got me thinking just keep & customize my glasses if I dont get an offer motivating me to do otherwise. We'll see.

Keeping and customizing them is a slippery slope my friend..soon you'll be hunting down Juliet's, Congratulations.
You could'nt have come to a better and informative forum.:welcome:

Keep em and fix em, then you dont have to worry about any of it and have a killer pair for a few more years.
Keeping and customizing them is a slippery slope my friend..soon you'll be hunting down Juliet's, Congratulations.

Yeah thanks guys. Kinda wondered if I would regret selling them, if anything only to find out there are worth $2000 in the next 10yrs! hahaha And I'm worried if I dont tune them and get new lenses soon than pretty soon I wont be able to find anything for them and they will be worthless to wear or sell. I dont know what I'm gonna do. Again, at this point I think I will just keep them unless someone persuades me otherwise. Then again you may see them posted on the exchange next week and 3 posts later! :idk:

Oh wait - I think I get it now!? You are saying then I will be hooked again and buying multiple pairs right? Yeah I dont doubt it, and I do have an obsessive-compulsive tendency so its not too far-fetched at all. I tend to go a bit overboard in everything I get into, drives my wife nuts. For example, my latest hobby is RC helis which I got into about 2 years ago now - those darn things can get expensive and you dont even want to know what I spent in 6-8 mos of going crazy. I dont even want to think about it! :shock: I was saving to buy a new Bayliner Trophy boat - safe to say that has been delayed and the savings account was raided. :cry: And the equivalent of my boat is hovering 75-100' in the air.....:headbang:

Last edited:
Oh wait - I think I get it now!? You are saying then I will be hooked again and buying multiple pairs right? Yeah I dont doubt it, and I do have an obsessive-compulsive tendency so its not too far-fetched at all. I tend to go a bit overboard in everything I get into, drives my wife nuts. For example, my latest hobby is RC helis which I got into about 2 years ago now - those darn things can get expensive and you dont even want to know what I spent in 6-8 mos of going crazy. I dont even want to think about it! :shock: I was saving to buy a new Bayliner Trophy boat - safe to say that has been delayed and the savings account was raided. :cry: And the equivalent of my boat is hovering 75-100' in the air.....:headbang:

Given your past history, my advice to you is to log off this forum and never log back on, if it is not already too late. I had one pair of XX for well over a decade with no compulsion to buy more. Someone stole it and while searching for a replacement I stumbled on to this forum and I was hooked. It has only been about a year and somehow I have acquired somewhere around 15-20 X-Metals (I have lost count), not to mention numerous lenses, rubbers and refinishes. The people here all seem nice and very helpful but they (we) are all infected and highly contagious. Get away while you still can!

Seriously though, your polished Juliets are a very nice pair and hammerstems are probably the most sort after of the regular edition Juliets. If you don't need the money hang on to them. They are only going to appreciate in value.

Latest Posts

Back