• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About My Juliets & A-Wires - Save, Sell, Or Toss??? PICS ADDED

Hey GRF, that would be cool. I think for sure I will get rid of the thinner frame set with longer ear socks, not sure at this point if I will keep the thick set or not. The thin set has pretty decent lenses, I think black iridium and I would rate them a solid 8. I need new lenses in the thicks for sure, hard to find authentic lenses for those though, might see if I can put an RX set in them. I will probably post an ad when I get back in town next week.

Kinda of regretting it already but I dont think I would have ever worn them, I dont know.... I did look at the vault and the prices were decent, but they didnt have a configuration I wanted so I put together a custom set on Oak.com. I decided not to go with polarized to save the $100 on two sets of lenses, then I can get a 3rd set of lenses for them.

Not sure if I really need polarized but I do like the extra feature. There was a problem with my credit card (problem was not enough money! hahaha) so had them put the order on hold vs giving them a new card right away cuz I am trying to find somewhere that has a set in stock so I can see them in person and check the fit, etc - hate to spend $300+ to find out I didnt like them, they look kinda big in the pics? And Oak said no returns/refunds on custom glasses. I am going to have the lenses etched with my name so I didnt think they would take those back anyway. My eye dr said they would order a set for me to check out with no obligation to buy but they cant make a custom order for some reason, just the standard configurations.

Can you guys tell me the main difference between color of the red iridium polarized/non polarized? The polarized lenses look like they are more blue, like a red to blue fade?? And I know polarized is good for like glare, fishing, etc, but I just dont know if I need that, I think it brought the total up to like over $400 with both lens sets polarized, I chose red 00 & G30. G30 looks like a rose tint, is that correct?

GO TEAM USA!!

Polarization doesn't change the color of the lens. It does reduce the light transmission % a little bit.

If you're seeing differences in colors between two sets that are supposed to be the same color, it's either just seeing them from different angles or inconsistency in the iridium coating between the two; it's been known to happen.

Hey GRF, that would be cool. I think for sure I will get rid of the thinner frame set with longer ear socks, not sure at this point if I will keep the thick set or not. The thin set has pretty decent lenses, I think black iridium and I would rate them a solid 8. I need new lenses in the thicks for sure, hard to find authentic lenses for those though, might see if I can put an RX set in them. I will probably post an ad when I get back in town next week.

Kinda of regretting it already but I dont think I would have ever worn them, I dont know.... I did look at the vault and the prices were decent, but they didnt have a configuration I wanted so I put together a custom set on Oak.com. I decided not to go with polarized to save the $100 on two sets of lenses, then I can get a 3rd set of lenses for them.

Not sure if I really need polarized but I do like the extra feature. There was a problem with my credit card (problem was not enough money! hahaha) so had them put the order on hold vs giving them a new card right away cuz I am trying to find somewhere that has a set in stock so I can see them in person and check the fit, etc - hate to spend $300+ to find out I didnt like them, they look kinda big in the pics? And Oak said no returns/refunds on custom glasses. I am going to have the lenses etched with my name so I didnt think they would take those back anyway. My eye dr said they would order a set for me to check out with no obligation to buy but they cant make a custom order for some reason, just the standard configurations.

Can you guys tell me the main difference between color of the red iridium polarized/non polarized? The polarized lenses look like they are more blue, like a red to blue fade?? And I know polarized is good for like glare, fishing, etc, but I just dont know if I need that, I think it brought the total up to like over $400 with both lens sets polarized, I chose red 00 & G30. G30 looks like a rose tint, is that correct?

GO TEAM USA!!

If you want to know more about how polarization works and what's the pros / cons, do some searching on my old posts - I've posted a number over the months on the subject...

Oh no guys, I think I didnt leave here fast enough! I think I am getting the bug, I feel it coming! I just had to order my custom Racing Jackets - hope they are here by tomorrow - then I was browsing around here yesterday and saw some pretty cool glasses, particularly Juan Carlos's Tron PB1 with blue lenses..... and then last night while I was watching NEDvsARG all I could think about was my new Racing Jackets coming and more new Oakleys! Serious, I was totally distracted and my OCD is really kickin in..... Finally I grabbed my tablet and logged here to look at pics of the Tron PB1's again!
Now I want some of those PitBoss II and FlakJackets, get another set of Juliets, and then, and then, and then.... :headbang:

Really, all I came here for was help with my glasses, were they worth keeping or selling and ballpark price. Didnt expect to sell them here and definitely didnt expect to get all wrapped up in an Oakley Obsession! And seeing some of the piles of glasses you guys have in your collections.....I just hope I do go that far off the deep end!

Anyone want to trade a sweet RC heli for a nice pair of PBII?? :grin:

Dont really mean to revive this old thread but I wanted to provide a little update for you all.

Keeping and customizing them is a slippery slope my friend..soon you'll be hunting down Juliet's, Congratulations.
You could'nt have come to a better and informative forum.:welcome:

Given your past history, my advice to you is to log off this forum and never log back on, if it is not already too late. I had one pair of XX for well over a decade with no compulsion to buy more. Someone stole it and while searching for a replacement I stumbled on to this forum and I was hooked. It has only been about a year and somehow I have acquired somewhere around 15-20 X-Metals (I have lost count), not to mention numerous lenses, rubbers and refinishes. The people here all seem nice and very helpful but they (we) are all infected and highly contagious. Get away while you still can!

Seriously though, your polished Juliets are a very nice pair and hammerstems are probably the most sort after of the regular edition Juliets. If you don't need the money hang on to them. They are only going to appreciate in value.

So above is just a small sampling from you guys - that obviously knew better than I about how all this starts..... :punish:

#1 - I am regretting selling the Juliets :cry:
#2 - I have bought another pair of Oaks :dance2:
#3 - I have bought yet another pair of Oaks :showingbiceps:
#4 - I am considering buying another set of Juliets or possibly offering to buy my old ones back (something tells me I can expect a slight markup) :whistle:

So what has it been, less than a month and all your prophecies have come true!!?? :hi:

I bought the customized set of Racing Jackets, a little bigger than expected but I love the feel of the fit and the clarity of the lenses! And I bought a new pair of serialized Straight Jackets, man I love the look of those, except everywhere I look I see people wearing them. I was at a Sounders match a couple weeks ago and it seemed everywhere I looked I saw SJ's

Even though I dont think I would wear the Juliets for some reason something inside me wants them back!

And I would really like to get a pair of those sweet Pit Boss's....

The good thing is I dont have to feel guilty about any of this cuz I decided to sell those other 2 pairs of A Wire's and that offsets my 2 new purchases...so I am good to go conscience wise! hahahaha

Thanks again for all the help you guys - now I think I need a different kind of help.... :headbang:

I always wear my Juliet's,,( sometimes my penny's or flak's too).
At the moment my biggest problem is choosing a colour tint for my new Juliet lenses.The last pair i bought from Oakley.com(Ruby Iridium's).
Only problem is one lens sits a little loose in the orbital.
Any recommendations on what colour would look good in a pair of X-metal's?

Those Jade lenses look pretty dang sweet, I'd like to look through them to see the tint too. My Juliets had Fire Polarized and I really like the Fire but now in my older age for some reason I dont feel like they are age appropriate? I dont know... they look great in the glasses and on other people but seem to 'flashy' for me personally now. I still may get some for my Half Jackets

The Positive Red in my new RJ's took some getting used to but now I really like them! I love the blue to red fade and the tint looking thru them is really nice too, very clear. I cant explain the color but to me its like a light orange-ish brown-ish tint or something??

Damn that does look good, probably can get a pair of jade Flak XLJ's for about $30.. then just get them customed for the juliets.Was considering getting them polarized too, but that wont happen for 30 lol

Back