• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Polarized Frogskin Lenses

zachleft

Oakley Beginner
I'm somewhat new to Oakley game so I don't really know how to spot fakes unless they are pretty obvious. I have been looking at some polarized frogskins (mostly the matte black/black and polished black/grey colorways) and noticed some have "polarized" written on the outside of the left lens while some don't. Are the ones without "polarized" inscribed on the lens fakes or does it just differ from model to model?

for example these on oakley.com have it
Oakley Polarized Frogskins Sunglasses available online at Oakley.com

while these on amazon do not (although its just a stock picture but im sure amazon doesn't have fakes widely available)
Amazon.com: Oakley Frogskins Polarized Sport Sunglasses: Clothing

any info to clear this up would be much appreciated

Polarized Frogskins lenses will have 'Polarized" etched on the left lens. I guess the Amazon seller is using the wrong photo.

Be careful with those. Just because it is on Amazon doesn't mean it's fake. Amazon is basically a database of all these different sellers and distributors. It even links to private sellers. To be safe, buy only from those who over free Amazon Prime shipping or something like that. That way you know it's basically endorsed by Amazon

Actually, all other pairs of Oakley frames have "Polarized" etched in the left lens.

Frogskins, however, will be etched on the Right lens at the top. Different from the rest

But it also depends how you're looking at the pair. I am describing these as if you had the pair on and wearing them.

Those Amazon pair look good.

Actually, all other pairs of Oakley frames have "Polarized" etched in the left lens.

Frogskins, however, will be etched on the Right lens at the top. Different from the rest

But it also depends how you're looking at the pair. I am describing these as if you had the pair on and wearing them.

Those Amazon pair look good.

It can be either, it depends on the pair. You'll find some with bottom left, some with top right, it's pot luck I guess. Polished Rootbeer w/ bronze polarized will be bottom left but I've seen replacement lenses with it top right.

Back