1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. George Walker

George Walker Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I've got a pair of Oakleys with the Ruby Iridium Polarized lenses and like them very much. Looking through them, you see the world in somewhat of a copper or bronze tone.

What does one see when looking through Red Iridium Polarized lenses.....I'm thinking about the for the Bottle Rocket pair.

Many thanks,

George

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

Ruby lenses have a blue tint when looking through them, not copper or bronze.

sounds like either you really have Fire lenses instead of Ruby or you have aftermaket lenses. got any pictures of your lenses?

joecool862 likes this.
  3. George Walker

My mistake....they're Gold Iridium Polarized.....

4. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Wow, gold iridium is much different than Ruby iridium. How do you confuse those? So is the original question, regarding Ruby iridium polarized lenses or OO Red iridium polarized?

5. George Walker

Because I'm new to Oakley?

I had cataract surgery a month ago on both eyes, and previously have only owned prescription sunglasses.......

The original question was about Red Iridium....

6. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Ruby red has a greenish blue tint and OO red is more of a neutral tint. Hope this helps, but honestly, everyone will probably experience the tints a little different. Some people can't wear Ruby for long periods without getting head aches, and it has no effect on others. Personally, I like the OO Red better.

7. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

i had cataract surgery in both eyes last summer as well. the cataracts i had were a side effect from the chemo/radiation treatments i went through for hodgkins lymphoma i had when i was 26 (i'm 32 now). it is sooo nice now after both eyes were done and the follow up lazer treatment. which kind of lenses did you get? some doctors only do both eyes for distance. i have my left eye focused for near and my right eye for far so i will never need reading glasses. it was odd for my brain to learn to use at first to keep everything in focus but it's great now. i don't need any perception glasses of any sort and my vision is great near and far.

i got back into collecting Oakley glasses because of my cataracts as well. although i have always had a pair or two of them, just not a collection like now.

8. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Red iridium hasn't been seen since the eighties...

+red in the other hand is a neutral grey-ish...

OO red is a pink-ish base lense

9. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Anybody know where I can get the red lenses used by Cyclops in that movie?

10. @Walleva LLC

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.