1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

I've heard that the Romeo 1.0 is really wide. Is it as wide as the Romeo 2.0? I have a Romeo 2.0 with size 15 shocks and they can be slipped on my face without flexing the coupler.

I mostly worried about the lenses cracking on the 1.0 but a I've heard that they are wide, I was hoping to get a comparison with the width of a 2.0.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. NUMBER 2

NUMBER 2 Oakley Collector

The 1.0 are really wide. I owned a pair for half a day because I could'nt wear them. They were way too wide for my face. I have never owned a 2.0 so i can't tell you how they compare.

3. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

i've had both. the Romeo2 is wider at the tips of the earstems so they slip on and off easier. The romeo feels more like a juliet - the earstems curve around the back of your head and grip. the FRONT is wider though, so its more of an appearance thing than how easy it is to take on/off.

again, the lens cracking issue is only if you dont take care of it as you would flex couplers. wearing them by sliding them on "goggle style" from over the top of your head will mean that you dont push the earstems open as wide, and will mean less stress on the lens. unless your head is the size of a watermelon it shouldnt have any issues. there are more than a handful of romeo wearers on here (Herbs and myself included) with no lens issues so far.

4. jetta3381

jetta3381 Oakley Enthusiast

I wear my Romeo 1 with 50 or 25 t shocks for some reason is wider fit on me, but like my XS and XX with 15 it really tight fit already....

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

there is some variation with romeo fit because alot of the flex comes from the lens and gaskets. so if the lenses are cut abit larger than average, the frame will fit tighter. same goes with new rubber gaskets all round..

6. Razerwire

Damn. I was hoping this was the case for the 1.0 as well. Oh well, I'll have to be extra careful when I put them on and take them off then.

7. Razerwire

How easy is it to crack the lenses on the 1.0? Is it a gradual thing or could it happen at any time you put on the glasses?

8. kennethekotto

kennethekotto Oakley Enthusiast

Personally, i feel that it can happen any time. The cracking, i believe, happens when the orbitals are forced inwards when you put them on. This applies pressure to the sides of the lenses and that's when the lenses crack. My lenses are cut thinner and smaller at the grooves near the nosepiece so yea, so far so good.

Key to avoiding spider cracks is to put the R1s on without stretching the earstems out too much when putting them on.. a very fragile pair sadly

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

i feel yes, it can happen any time but usually its weakened due to repeated stress. so over time it weakens but the cracks itself may appear any time

10. Razerwire

Damn.

So putting them on like goggles is the best way? From front to back or back to front when putting them on? When I put on snowboard goggles I put them on from front to back.