• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Romeo 1.0

Damn.

So putting them on like goggles is the best way? From front to back or back to front when putting them on? When I put on snowboard goggles I put them on from front to back.

both ways work. the key is just dont stretch the arms open as much as you can. have a play and see what suits you. i like to prop them on top of my head, earstem tips touch ears first, then slide the front down into place. its almost habit, i do it with all pairs. saves the old omatter from cracking too (vintage mframes and zeros)

both ways work. the key is just dont stretch the arms open as much as you can. have a play and see what suits you. i like to prop them on top of my head, earstem tips touch ears first, then slide the front down into place. its almost habit, i do it with all pairs. saves the old omatter from cracking too (vintage mframes and zeros)
That'll be tricky with my spiky hair. LOL

Are there any aftermarket lenses that are thicker that can maybe withstand the cracking? Like maybe some Linegear lenses?

Im using Linegear lenses on my Romeo 1, so far no cracks yet. I think aftermarket wont get stress crack not like oem, but correct me if im wrong....

Im using Linegear lenses on my Romeo 1, so far no cracks yet. I think aftermarket wont get stress crack not like oem, but correct me if im wrong....
That's what I'm hoping. I think I remember reading somewhere that polarized lenses tend to be thicker and may be better at resisting cracking as well.

That's what I'm hoping. I think I remember reading somewhere that polarized lenses tend to be thicker and may be better at resisting cracking as well.

false. thicker lenses actually press harder against the frame and if youre still stretching the frame (arms open wide), it cracks faster because its under more stress per amount of stretch of the frame. it really jsut comes down to wether you flex that frame (and therefore the lens) in bad ways or not.

the trick is to actually facilitate the movement of the frame while avoiding it from pressing on the lenses as much as possible. this is why aftermarket thin lenses seem to do better - they dont get stressed as much (frame has more room to move without pressing on the lenses).

when i custom cut romeo lenses, i remove a tiny bit of material at the hotspots to prevent a pinpoint contact spot where it can initiate a crack. i learnt this by chance on my own Romeos - it came with uncracked lens. I investigated and found that instead of cracking the lens, the hotspot of the frame had actually dented/gouged away a tiny piece from the edge of the lens, relieving the pressure on the lens and therefore saving it.

false. thicker lenses actually press harder against the frame and if youre still stretching the frame (arms open wide), it cracks faster because its under more stress per amount of stretch of the frame. it really jsut comes down to wether you flex that frame (and therefore the lens) in bad ways or not.

the trick is to actually facilitate the movement of the frame while avoiding it from pressing on the lenses as much as possible. this is why aftermarket thin lenses seem to do better - they dont get stressed as much (frame has more room to move without pressing on the lenses).

when i custom cut romeo lenses, i remove a tiny bit of material at the hotspots to prevent a pinpoint contact spot where it can initiate a crack. i learnt this by chance on my own Romeos - it came with uncracked lens. I investigated and found that instead of cracking the lens, the hotspot of the frame had actually dented/gouged away a tiny piece from the edge of the lens, relieving the pressure on the lens and therefore saving it.
Interesting. So regular lenses are still the better option than polarized? Wonder if all the lens chopper are aware of this. I bought Batwolf's Romeo 1.0 with Jade lenses and I'm trying to find a back up plan should those Jade ones crack too. *KNOCK ON WOOD*

Interesting. So regular lenses are still the better option than polarized? Wonder if all the lens chopper are aware of this. I bought Batwolf's Romeo 1.0 with Jade lenses and I'm trying to find a back up plan should those Jade ones crack too. *KNOCK ON WOOD*

IF you do flex the frames abit, then yes. if you dont flex the frames then nothing matters...

fast jacket donors are easy to get.. dont worry. just wear the hell out of them! i cut the jades for Kenneths Romeo1... including the small extra cuts to prevent cracking =)

Back