1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. kenejhnsn

kenejhnsn Oakley Beginner

I am thinking about picking up a pair of square wires with the VR28 lense to have for overcast type days. You can find these really cheap now on the bay and 6pm so thought they
    might be worth picking up. How do the square wires fit? I have some splinters which fit me great are they close to those? Also how is the VR28 lense? I have the VR28 black iridium
    in some half x 's and it is one of my favorite lenses but have not tried the VR28 with the black iridium. Are they too light or are they good for overcast type days? i want something
    to add clarity on the dingy days. Thanks for any input

I have also seen some square whiskers....any difference? One better than the other?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kenejhnsn

kenejhnsn Oakley Beginner

Bump.....

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

VR28 is good to go. It's a bit brighter than VR28black, and it's not so great for bright days. But if it's cloudy and the sun's not coming out, but the sky is a bright gray you still kind of squint at, the Vr28 is perfect.

Not to be confused with darker, stormy days. VR50 comes out for those, or sans glasses entirely.

No idea on fit. I think 6pm has actual measurements? Look around and see if you can find them on Amazon or Zappos or other sites as well, should give you a good idea on sizing comparisons.