1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

So I have a pairs of them 3D Gascans and the other day I decided to clean all of my oakleys but I skipped my 3D Gascans because I wasn't sure if I could clean them with oakleys solution. My question is can they be cleaned with the solution without any harm to the lenses? I just wanted to make sure before I tired. Thanks for the help guys

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

I've only cleaned mine with the finer cloth that is given with the cleaning kits. I've actually never tried using the liquid. I am afraid too though, since it seems that the 3D film is just glued on, thus water might be able to get in between and cause issues. Not 100% sure though, but I doubt it'd do anything bad...

3. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

i just like using my breath and the microfiber. my lenses rarely get that dirty. but that's a good question about the 3d lenses being cleaned.

4. Menendez1293

That is my main concern they aren't dirty but they can get a lot cleaner. I might just use only the cloth on my 3D Gascans till I know for sure. I might call oakley and see if I get a rep that knows what they are saying

5. Menendez1293

So I just got off the phone with Oakley and they say they guarantee that the lens cleaning kit is compatible and will help the lenses and harm them in no way.

6. Johnny Hundreds

Johnny Hundreds Banned

i'd be real careful with those... lol.

7. Johnny Hundreds

Johnny Hundreds Banned

just like they said the troy lee's were made in the USA right?!
    PF!

8. Menendez1293

This is very true. Generally they don't know what they are talking about. Tomorrow I will ask my local store to see what they tell me.

9. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

LOL...can't wait for a conflicting answer on this issue.