1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. stn51

stn51 I NEED ANOTHER FUEL CELL!

I have done a search and i'm sure the previous post police will find it if this has been posted. But i have a couple of questions.
    As i do not have any vintage pieces for blades around, my questions are
    Do any of the original pieces fit? (besides the original neck cord)
    I guess one other question would be does the seafoam color match?
    I love the glasses but i think with the prices of some of the vintage stuff dropping, you could make yourself a pretty cool pair with better parts.
    one other question was there only 6 pairs in the 30th anniversary razor blade pairs
    If anybody can help i would appreciate it.

Last edited: 12/30/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SnowMatter

SnowMatter Oakley Beginner

There were indeed only 6 colorways for the 30 yr. 3 for the part 1 release (matte clear/violet, black/fire, seafoam/grey), 3 for the part 2 (blue/ice, red/fire, white/violet). I'm not sure about the originals, but I think I heard somewhere that the 30th anniversary sets (at least the lenses) are not interchangeable with the 2005 released razorblades.

3. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

The 30th Anniversary Blade lenses will not fit the 2005 Blade, the 2005 Blade used a modified M Frame lens from what I understand. I think the 30th Anny Blade is base on the original molds, so I think original Blade part may work. The only issue I see is the vintage parts may be brittle from age and may break when trying to install.
    I am completely sure, but I have heard the Seafoam is a good match to the original.

4. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

What I know...The 30th blades fit the older lens fine..but as state above the 2005 versions don't fit cause the lens hooks stick out farther

Changing lens in the 30th edition pair is a pain in the A$$. There stuck in there. but old lens fit great. Just have to press down really hard and they lock in.

Question about the reissue 30th anniversary blades - uploadfromtaptalk1420150690836.jpg

5. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

My simple lens change up..

Question about the reissue 30th anniversary blades - uploadfromtaptalk1420151054680.jpg

SnowMatter likes this.