• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question for oakley lovers! (I'm new! hayi!)

adroit mak

Oakley Beginner
As I'm not a oakley collector neither a profession performance cyclist (just do some training when i was teenage) , but i would like to know more about the opinion of oakley user, lover, collector or even professional cyclist!

I'm a Product design student in London, now i'm doing performance eyewear research for next generation of oakley design! can anyone give me some opinions or eyewear improvement that could be improve??

here is some questions im particular interest in if u are pro cyclist!

p.s. i was thinking to design a shape kind like "over the top", unfortunately i can't find any user to ask for, cause i have to design the glasses for cyclist, im afraid the helmet with the glasses will not feel comfort at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What kind of particular cycling you are doing? Road cycling? track?

Do you wear sunglasses while partaking in events?

What is your primary reason for doing so and are there any other reasons?

Would you wear your event glasses for training? Also, would you wear them in everyday life?

What made you choose your particular make & model of sportswear glasses? (Consider the balance between technical proficiency and cycling fashions).

Have you ever experienced any problems with your current glasses? Perhaps add reasons why, if any, this made you lose valuable seconds or required unnecessary concentration

Have you ever changed the lenses in your glasses due to wear and tear or due to differentiation in polarization needed? If not have you ever considered it? If so why?

Do you think there's any psychological benefit to wearing glasses which are likely to intimidate? i.e, glasses with sharp edges, reflective lenses, perhaps garish or darker colours.

Do you have any particular cycling rituals or superstitious actions you perform during or before racing? (one thinks of the tour de France rider who always took his water bottle out of its frame holster and into his jersey whenever climbing although this had no particular benefit)

Do you know of any aspects of the sunglasses you've come across that are lacking and could be improved on?

Finally, As you see it, what is the most important aspect/characteristic you want your performance glasses to have?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That will be lovely if anyone can help me! cause i did sent out lots of email to pro cyclist, but none of them reply me hope you will be free to discuz with me

p.s. it's more about the cycling! what do u think of oakley design or design element just let me know! Cause during the research i do a bit fall in love with alien-like charm oakley :dance3: !!!!!

just causal and chat!!!! thanks all of you hee!!!!!

Here is mine! Hope it helps your research.. I would of written more but I'm on my iPhone!

What kind of particular cycling you are doing? Road cycling? track? All mountain / downhill / enduro

Do you wear sunglasses while partaking in events? Yup not down hill but enduro

What is your primary reason for doing so and are there any other reasons? Protection and occasional glare, low light contrast sensitivity

Would you wear your event glasses for training? Also, would you wear them in everyday life? Yup use them for general training such as running

What made you choose your particular make & model of sportswear glasses? (Consider the balance between technical proficiency and cycling fashions). Protection rating and range of tints and styles

Have you ever experienced any problems with your current glasses? Perhaps add reasons why, if any, this made you lose valuable seconds or required unnecessary concentration misting up of lenses not a massive issue once an mar coating was added

Have you ever changed the lenses in your glasses due to wear and tear or due to differentiation in polarization needed? If not have you ever considered it? If so why? Yup switch between transition, persimmon and vr28 depending on weather conditions and area riding

Do you think there's any psychological benefit to wearing glasses which are likely to intimidate? i.e, glasses with sharp edges, reflective lenses, perhaps garish or darker colours. Not really but same with any sport.. You wear something flash you better be good at what you do

Do you have any particular cycling rituals or superstitious actions you perform during or before racing? (one thinks of the tour de France rider who always took his water bottle out of its frame holster and into his jersey whenever climbing although this had no particular benefit) no

Do you know of any aspects of the sunglasses you've come across that are lacking and could be improved on? Certain frames allowed derby to come underneath (radars but that's due to facial shape and brigs height, nothing that can't be rectified by changing design

Finally, As you see it, what is the most important aspect/characteristic you want your performance glasses to have?

For me protection but visual quality is up there too
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is mine! Hope it helps your research.. I would of written more but I'm on my iPhone!

What kind of particular cycling you are doing? Road cycling? track? All mountain / downhill / enduro

Do you wear sunglasses while partaking in events? Yup not down hill but enduro

What is your primary reason for doing so and are there any other reasons? Protection and occasional glare, low light contrast sensitivity

Would you wear your event glasses for training? Also, would you wear them in everyday life? Yup use them for general training such as running

What made you choose your particular make & model of sportswear glasses? (Consider the balance between technical proficiency and cycling fashions). Protection rating and range of tints and styles

Have you ever experienced any problems with your current glasses? Perhaps add reasons why, if any, this made you lose valuable seconds or required unnecessary concentration misting up of lenses not a massive issue once an mar coating was added

Have you ever changed the lenses in your glasses due to wear and tear or due to differentiation in polarization needed? If not have you ever considered it? If so why? Yup switch between transition, persimmon and vr28 depending on weather conditions and area riding

Do you think there's any psychological benefit to wearing glasses which are likely to intimidate? i.e, glasses with sharp edges, reflective lenses, perhaps garish or darker colours. Not really but same with any sport.. You wear something flash you better be good at what you do

Do you have any particular cycling rituals or superstitious actions you perform during or before racing? (one thinks of the tour de France rider who always took his water bottle out of its frame holster and into his jersey whenever climbing although this had no particular benefit) no

Do you know of any aspects of the sunglasses you've come across that are lacking and could be improved on? Certain frames allowed derby to come underneath (radars but that's due to facial shape and brigs height, nothing that can't be rectified by changing design

For me protection but visual quality is up there too

heee! that's so detail!!!! thank you soooo much!

is that too much question involve about cycling :( no one gonna give me suggestion :(

i think even though just wear oakley problem still can tell me, so i can propose to oakley.

Back