• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question From A Newbie... What To Get Next??

yellowsun75

Oakley Beginner
Hello Oakley masters...

I JUST bought my very first Oakley sunglasses yesterday, and I'm simply hooked!! I LOVE my new white Fuel Cell with black polarized iridium lenses!!!
Originally bought Gascan, but it was a bit too tight for me. Thought of changing to Batwolf but the guy at O-Store in San Francisco recommended Fuel Cell (*he said Batwolf's single shield makes stronger curve - so may be even tighter than Gascan...).

So here's my question....what should be my next one???
Oil Rig?....Crankcase??.....Antix???...or other models which isn't too tight at the side area...??
Thank you, masters!!!

Welcome to the forum!

Most people here will tell you to find an O Sore or even a Sunglass Hut and try on several pairs to see what works best for you.

Then once you have an idea throw your wallet away or keep away from this site ...

;)

Welcome to the forum.

Like Frogskins stated.....hit your local O store and try a bunch of stuff on.......OR you can just call Oakley and tell them you would like a C-6....I'm pretty sure if you like the Fuel Cell then you will love that. ;)

Seriously though......hit the O store.

Frogskins & OakleyFrank...you two are absolutely right...I'm one of those people who get a bit intimidated at stores, but again trying out is the only true way to find out what fits the best. What others love doesn't necessarily means it's what'll look good on you huh... I'm sorry for being so amateur... Thanks for the quick responses, you two!! ;)

If you have a bigger head (assuming so based on your description of Fuel Cell fit), try Eyepatch 2, Dispatch 2, Flak Jackets, Antix, or Scalpel. I got Fuel Cell's as my first pair in June, and have added all those others since and found them to fit very well. If you like the shield lens, the Antix has it and fits great on me.

Pistolpetefan23: THANK YOU SO SO SO SO VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION!!!
Yes. It seems that I have wider head (*couldn't wear Gascan...), so the information you provided to me is a super duper amazing help!!
Like I said, I'm somewhat intimidated by the sales people at O-Store in both San Francisco and San Jose. So I wanted to at least get some idea on which models are similar in size with Fuel Cell so my visit to the store will be short and painless. LOL

I also saw the youtube review on Eyepatch 2 and those looks really cool. Flak Jackets seem to be good choice for me too since I wear baseball hat a lot on weekends and looks like it'll be easier for me to wear than FuelCell with hat...

Again, thank you thank you THANK YOU!! ;)

Eric: Yes! Oil Rig looks so cool too. I especially like the one with ghost texts! Also putting on my "list". Thanks for mentioning that model!!

OakleyGuru379: Thank you!!!
It's so awesome to find this forum....so much helpful information...and tons of cool people to support a rookie like me.
I'm hoping to build a small collection of Oakley...little by little. I LOVE my very first and currently the only pair so much. (*the one on my profile picture...white FuelCell with polarized black iridium) But VERY simple design. I'm learning so much from this forum.... Thanks to people like you! ;)

Back