• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question involving x-metal carbons

narcispy

Oakley Expert
SC
I'm a newbie to X-Metal sunglasses and am trying to do some research on them as I remember really digging Juliets when they first came out and dying to get a pair but couldn't afford them.
Well I recently just bought a pair of Juliet polished glasses but I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the X-Metal series for me. I really like the darker colored frames I think they are generally referred to as "carbon" were those only available in Juliets or did they use those frames in X-Squared or XX models? I was looking on O-Review and saw they only had them listed under Juliets.

There are other X-Metal models that have carbon as a colorway but I'm not exactly sure which. I'm pretty sure the XX comes in carbon as does the Romeo 2.0 but as far as others I'm not sure. I do know that the Romeo 1 did NOT come in carbon. Sorry I wasn't of more help but I didn't want to provide false information.

welcome the forum! most people mistake carbon for the xmetal/grey finish. so to be certain, the grey finish is called xmetal and was also referred to as "grey" when the first model, romeo, came out. and "carbon"is BLACK. there are two types of carbon finish; carbon which is a semi-flat finish and polished carbon which is the sleek shiny glossy black. juliet, halfx, romeo2.0, and xsquared all had carbon colorways and juliet and xsquared have polished carbon colorways.

thread revival.jpg

So, besides the age of this thread, how durable is the carbon finish on these Juliets? If I wear a pair everyday, will the factory finish flake off easily?

Back