1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. narcispy

narcispy Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I'm a newbie to X-Metal sunglasses and am trying to do some research on them as I remember really digging Juliets when they first came out and dying to get a pair but couldn't afford them.
    Well I recently just bought a pair of Juliet polished glasses but I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the X-Metal series for me. I really like the darker colored frames I think they are generally referred to as "carbon" were those only available in Juliets or did they use those frames in X-Squared or XX models? I was looking on O-Review and saw they only had them listed under Juliets.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Brian Nickell

Brian Nickell Oakley Expert

There are other X-Metal models that have carbon as a colorway but I'm not exactly sure which. I'm pretty sure the XX comes in carbon as does the Romeo 2.0 but as far as others I'm not sure. I do know that the Romeo 1 did NOT come in carbon. Sorry I wasn't of more help but I didn't want to provide false information.

3. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

welcome the forum! most people mistake carbon for the xmetal/grey finish. so to be certain, the grey finish is called xmetal and was also referred to as "grey" when the first model, romeo, came out. and "carbon"is BLACK. there are two types of carbon finish; carbon which is a semi-flat finish and polished carbon which is the sleek shiny glossy black. juliet, halfx, romeo2.0, and xsquared all had carbon colorways and juliet and xsquared have polished carbon colorways.

4. narcispy

narcispy Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Gotcha, well that at least narrows it down.

Brian Nickell likes this.
  5. Brian Nickell

Brian Nickell Oakley Expert

I was wrong on the XX. Damn! I was gonna say XS but went XX instead! :p Thanks for backing me up with the info I didn't have @dragonvoi!

dragonvoi likes this.