• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question On Aftermarket Splice Lenses

How bad are the frames.....8/10.....7/10.....9/10? If the frames are not that bad I would go with OEM lenses. I compare it to a car with a bad ass motor saying give me the cheapest tires you have as the body has a little bit of rust on it.

YES. I could see it from both diretions (inside and outside). It was like a circle inside the iridium coating.
Interesting. I'll have to look for that when I get them in the mail. Hopefully it won't bother me too much. The current lenses I have for it has quite a lot of dings on it from the previous owner and it's quite distracting when I wear them.

How bad are the frames.....8/10.....7/10.....9/10? If the frames are not that bad I would go with OEM lenses. I compare it to a car with a bad ass motor saying give me the cheapest tires you have as the body has a little bit of rust on it.

+1
Grab some 8.75 curved lenses from ebay and cut them.

Interesting. I'll have to look for that when I get them in the mail. Hopefully it won't bother me too much. The current lenses I have for it has quite a lot of dings on it from the previous owner and it's quite distracting when I wear them.

Good luck.

There are very minor nicks on the top of the FMJ. One of the orbital screw holes has a hairline crack. Not sure if that hairline crack is just the FMJ coating or if it's the actual plastic. The screw hole anchors in the crystal parts show rust. The right ear sock is starting to become stretched.

Pics are on this thread: http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/13317-my-first-splice-life.html

I would as well but it kinda doesn't make sense for me to spend a lot of money for the lenses when the frame is a beater. If the frames were pristine I'd definitely go the chop route.

How do you like them? Are they a decent sub for every day wear?

well, then let me pimp them out!! lol Any Exovista I have had pass through have always been crap, but who am I to know lol. They may have improved and only ones I saw were for X Metals and they always were gapped. Buy Unknown lenses on the vault site or send me some lenses you need chopped. Cheaper that way..

well, then let me pimp them out!! lol Any Exovista I have had pass through have always been crap, but who am I to know lol. They may have improved and only ones I saw were for X Metals and they always were gapped. Buy Unknown lenses on the vault site or send me some lenses you need chopped. Cheaper that way..
Unfortunately the Vault doesn't have Ice Iridium for the Unknown. :(

no, but the do for many others that can be cut...
I've looked for Twenty and Straight Jacket lenses as well and they're all unavailable for Ice Iridium which I prefer over the others unfortunately.

But then again, I haven't seen the FMJ/Crystal black with the other color lenses yet.

Back