• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question Regarding The Worth Of My Original Half Jackets

minnesotanice

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, I have a simple question regarding what you guys think my original half jackets would be worth (as someone on Craigslist made an offer). They are the carbon fiber frames, with the chrome O's, and not a scratch or blemish on the them. With regard to the lenses, they come with a set of polarized ice iridium lenses (not a scratch on them) and a set of non-polarized G30 lenses (very think hairline scratch, on an edge, not noticeable in vision whatsoever). Both are the regular shape and not the XLJ. Either way, the guy offered me $70 without having seen them yet. I thought for that price it was a little bit low since I've been around sunglasses for a while now, but then again, I could be wrong. I feel like I'm in Pawn Stars... Just wanted some opinions!

Thanks a bunch.

I wouldn't sell them for $70. Being carbon fiber and having polarized lenses makes them much more desirable. I couldn't give you a good number, but you could likely start at twice what he offered and get a feel for what kind of interest you get and adjust lower from there. Worst case is you're asking too high, don't sell, and settle back down at $70.

He's likely looking for a deal. $70 isn't bad for a set, sigh unseen. If you can document the condition clearly though I'd bet you get more on eBay or stick around this forum a short while longer and post them here.

Keep in mind Half Jackets haven't become popular for collectors. They were ubiquitous and are all but phased out by the Flak and Half 2.0 so they're pretty much on the way down in value.

Those frames might be a nice commodity in a few years though.

Well put Rustpot, thank you for the helpful post. That's what the next thing to do on my list is, get some high quality photos and throw it up on eBay, otherwise indeed stick around these forums could definitely help in the long run. Trust me, I feel ya, especially since they've updated the Half Jackets to the 2.0, and the Flaks have been around for ages, they're almost timeless, so indeed they are on the down. I sell a ton of the new half jackets at Sunglass Hut, and it really does make me realize that soon enough the original Half will be put out of business due to the overpowering Flaks and Half 2.0s. Thanks for the advice in general!

yeah lenses worth probably $50 for the polarised, $30 for the scratched G30's, frame goes for about $50... all up current values about $130. its not quite worth selling half jackets currently. Ebay may give you a way better price though

I'm your man. The custom HJ, even a desirable one like yours, goes for about a c-note on the used market. I'd sell the lenses and frames separately for maximum profit.
Now there's an idea, that's definitely an option to take, especially with my frames in the condition they're in. Ill have to get some pictures uploaded soon to add to Craigslist as well.

yeah lenses worth probably $50 for the polarised, $30 for the scratched G30's, frame goes for about $50... all up current values about $130. its not quite worth selling half jackets currently. Ebay may give you a way better price though
Thanks for the estimate BriP, I was thinking at least $110ish minimum is what I should take. I understand it's probably not a good time to get rid of them, but I need to create room for more shades and stuff so I'm just letting them and my Frogskins go.

baseline should be about 100

Now there's an idea, that's definitely an option to take, especially with my frames in the condition they're in. Ill have to get some pictures uploaded soon to add to Craigslist as well.

Thanks for the estimate BriP, I was thinking at least $110ish minimum is what I should take. I understand it's probably not a good time to get rid of them, but I need to create room for more shades and stuff so I'm just letting them and my Frogskins go.

Yeah, especially with the two sets of lenses and the cases I can throw in. Thanks BriP. Really appreciate all the knowledge you guys have been sharing.

Latest Posts

Back