• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question Regarding Warranty Policy

mopiko

I should Work at Oakley
Hi guys, Need some insight, whoever that has claimed warranty for their x-metal at service center
im referring to Romeo1, apparently i brought my trashed R1; which im just trying my luck to see if they could do something to help. To my surprised, that have a replacement frame for me! Brand new frame. Problem is, they require me to pay usd200 for that new frame, due to fact that i do not have the proof of purchase "i mean duh?,who keeps receipt for a decade" Anyway dude told me that he'll help me replace the frame off the book, if not its an additional usd50 for service fee. Off the book literally means, he is not gonna issue me an invoice. Replace=i surrender my trashed pair, in return of a new frame So my question is. Are we suppose to pay for warranty pair/discontinued?

Warranty is just for the first year and thats provided you have a receipt. So even for $200 replacement fee consider yourself lucky. Finding a bnib romeo would be worth at least $600 bnib. Congrats i must say!

You are right; if only it came with new lenses hah!
but considering that i paid 450 for my R1 with scratched lens, additional 200usd on top of that for a replacement new frame. Not a very good deal i must say

Not much you can do for a style that old, especially without a receipt.

Personally I would rather have Xman service it or something. I find it interesting that Oakley still has frames laying around.

You are right; if only it came with new lenses hah!
but considering that i paid 450 for my R1 with scratched lens, additional 200usd on top of that for a replacement new frame. Not a very good deal i must say
Did you buy them new 10 years ago or did you just get them for $450?I think the fact they have found you a frame and offering to you for $200 is great news, if you've had them for ten years it's $45 a year, that's not too bad the next ten will only cost you $20 p/a!

I'd say if you accidentally trashed them after you paid $450 for them then you are lucky to get them replaced for $200. If you bought them trashed in hopes of getting them replaced for free then you rolled the dice and lost. I'd shell out the $200 before they withdraw their offer or tell you they can't find a frame. I am also very surprised they still have frames laying around. Polarized Linegears are on Ebay now for $103.

i paid $450 from the ebay; but wasnt quite satisfied with the condition of the frame as a whole hah; some chipped metal here and there. So just decided to bring it over to Oakley to ask around.
Anyway i did not take up the offer. Might send it to Xman for some refinish in the near future.

You're upside down in this either way, but I would get the brand new frame. That opportunity may not present itself again.

I agree I'd go for the new frames. They aren't going to lose their value and I think $600 seems to be the going rate now. How are the lenses in the frames now?

Latest Posts

Back