• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question X-Metal R1 Lens Fake Or Not.

Looks like both are real just different Generations. Plus there are differences in alot of earlier xmetals due to the molding process.
Agree, i thought the one with the protrusion in the upper right corner was for sure real as the romeos I have replaced lenses on have it while. A lot of custom cut and aftermarket don't. If inconsistency is the only reason to doubt authenticity, that ain't gonna work. Usually what i base OEM Oakley lenses on are the thickness and curve. I dont recall the exact term but the thicker center that tapers out, something about a base prism?[/QUOTE]

Yea. They don't fit

That's news to me...and good to know I might add. I always "assumed" that if I were to (hypathetically) obtain a Jordan R1 frame with trashed OEM lenses......then "no problem, I can just put in one of my other OEM R1 lenses"

So to be clear, you're saying I simply wouldn't be able to do that correct?

But there were other 1st Gen regular X-metal/BI R1s produced. I thought the only fundamental difference between a Jordan R1 and a 1st gen X-metal/BI R1 is the 4-digit Serial.

Are those orbital lens groove distinctive also? It sounds impractical to me that Oakley would go that far to make the grooves different to the point that the "protrusion" R1 lenses don't fit

Does my question make sense?

But there were other 1st Gen regular X-metal/BI R1s produced. I thought the only fundamental difference between a Jordan R1 and a 1st gen X-metal/BI R1 is the 4-digit Serial.

Are those orbital lens groove distinctive also? It sounds impractical to me that Oakley would go that far to make the grooves different to the point that the "protrusion" R1 lenses don't fit

Does my question make sense?
People have tried. The lenses simply aren't compatible.

Now you can just trim and make them fit, but that's different

those are jordan lenses. 1st gen r1 xm frames also used them but the jordan lenses doesnt have the protruded part. jordan orbitals doest uave the some what guide for the protruded part so they wont the late release oe lenses. they are both authentic. one other way of distinguishing them from the jordan lenses is the font. i have 2 jordans and a 2nd gen xm r1. the font is very different. just my 2 cents. hope this helps.

Back