• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Questions about my Ducati Oakley Juliet X-Metal

Adrimcfly

Oakley Beginner
Hey Guys,

i´m thinking about selling my Ducati X-Metal Juliet because i dont wear it anymore. Sadly i don´t know very much about my Oakley. I bought it in 2008 on eBay for about 150$ with Box and Coin. As far as i know it has a Serialnumber (002925)

The condition of the Juliet is not very good. I think it needs some service, its quite wobbeling and de Earsocks are worn out. There is a small scratch on the front and the lenses are also a little bit scratched.

What do you think guys, should i sell it "unrestored" or should i bring it to a local Oakley Optician and see what he can do (maybe not original earsocks?!). What is it worth "unrestored" and "restored" and how much will a restoration cost.

Thank you and greetings from Germany
Adrian

IMG_8944.JPG

IMG_8947.JPG

IMG_8948.JPG

Assuming you still have the box and coin, I'd leave it as-is. Tuning up the nosebridge is about a $50 value, either invested up front or knocked off the price (and use x-man, not Oakley for that).

The scratches on the lenses are the biggest hit; you're not going to be able to fix that and they have etching on them which makes it harder to find replacements. Same for the rubber, OEM red rubber can be expensive if you can find it.

So as-is it still has some collectible value, though much reduced because of its condition. But it you restore it, using the same original parts would cost enough that you'll be unlikely to make a profit from that investment, and restoring it with other parts removes any collectability as a ducati. The nosebridge tuneup is exempt; that won't hurt anything but again you won't profit from the investment.

Either way you should still be able to get more than your original $150 investment, maybe $300 as-is. But I could be wrong.

Hi Mate,
Im from Germany as well.
First of all welcome to the Forum ;)
In Germany it's really difficult to restore them here locally.
We don't have a X Man who can fixed it.
And also Oakley Customer Service Europe stop to tune up.
PM me for further help, in German of course ;) LOL

Hey Guys, thank you for your help. Here´s a picture of the Box. The other sticker is slightly peeled of.

Datei 15.02.16, 16 57 05.jpeg

"Mmmmmmmm Xmetal Ducati complete...."

Sorry, no adivice. Just me drooling :oops:

Latest Posts

Back