• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Questions For Jim Jannard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jim, it's great to have you here on the forum. I'm an employee at a O store and I love the company. I recently watched the 60 minutes report on Lux, and from what I gathered they made it seem like you were forced into selling to continue making the brand bigger. They said on there that if you didn't sell they were going to take Oakley out of all their stores (indirectly, it was implied), in which they literally own everything. I find it pretty crazy that Lux is basically a monopoly of the sunglass world and nobody really even knows the company. I'm just wondering if what they said in the report is true or not.

Thanks!
LUX did a great job of building a powerful distribution system and did exert some power over the situation it was not enough for me to sell just because of that. I saw hard economic times coming (2008 proved this to be true), I was fully engaged in working on the RED camera, and LUX offered a very big number. I also felt that a transaction was a good way for loyal employees to get a nice payday. I guess the moon and stars lined up. Jim

Hey Jim, first off i want to thank you for your amazing company you created out of the back of your truck selling grips!
the question i have is about where the name Romeo and Juliet come from? i heard they were named after Romeo Y Julieta cigars, seeing as you smoke cigars this made sense? ( i might be just restating something someone already said)
thanks and keep up the awesome mad scientist at RED
-Nick

Hey Jim, first off i want to thank you for your amazing company you created out of the back of your truck selling grips!
the question i have is about where the name Romeo and Juliet come from? i heard they were named after Romeo Y Julieta cigars, seeing as you smoke cigars this made sense? ( i might be just restating something someone already said)
thanks and keep up the awesome mad scientist at RED
-Nick

Yup. Cigars. :)

So here's a question, why not just fix the lens issue with the Romeo instead of scrapping it? It still remains the only metal, excluding half x, that can be rebuilt by you yourself and can literally last about forever

I have a question about the full metal jacket watch. Rumors says that you had a bunch of movement and waiting for the right design to put them in. Is that true ? Also where did you got the idea of the design of the watch and the pocker watch attachement. The most infos about that great watch the better. Thanks for listening Jim !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back