• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Questions For Jim Jannard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Jim!

I would like to know if the Batwolf Icons would fit on a Hijinx? I'm trying to customize a pair of Soviets and put red icons on it, to better fit a "soviet" description. However it seems I have only been able to find a pair of red Batwolf icons.

Thanks is advance for your assistance and response!

They are not intended to be interchangeable . . . . but the answer to this question is yes. However, you will have to modify the the back of the Batwolf icon in order for it to fit.

Gently ease the Hijinx icon out of the frame (some people like to gently heat the icon first with a hairdryer to soften up the adhesive backing).

Then take the Batwolf icon and remove the backing plastic (with clip) section away from the metal icon section. You will then need to file down the back of the Batwolf icon so that it does not stand too proud out of the Hijinx frame.
Alternatively, leave the backing plastic inside the Batwolf icon and just file down the back altogether.

Once you have done this, secure the icon into the Hijinx frame with adhesive. You may even be able to peel the original adhesive away from the original Hijinx icon and re-use that.

Personally, I wouldn't EVER do this to a Soviet Hijinx. The frame is pretty perfect as it is.
But . . . . each to their own.

To any forum members asking Jim a question here, Jim has not been on for sometime now, as I am sure he is enjoying himself during retirement. I doubt your question will be answered anytime soon. So to keep the integrity of this thread it will be locked until Jim requests otherwise...... Jim if you happen to stop by and would like the thread opened please let me know. Thanks for everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back