1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. schenk

schenk Oakley Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Couple of questions for those who have handled the fallout collection specifically the fuel cell and breadbox.

Was wondering what was the finish like on these. Does the rust come off in your hands? Same for the metal vaults they ship with.

Sitting on the fence on getting these and would like to be sure before jumping in esp at these prices lol.

Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BAPD77

BAPD77 Oakley Expert Premium Member

No the rust doesn't fall off in your hands. The texture is rough and looks very much like rust and I think they're absolutely awesome looking.

schenk likes this.
  3. schenk

schenk Oakley Enthusiast

Hi Bapd,

Does the vault and glasses feel as if it has been clear coated.

Yeah they look insane. Thinking of getting the fuel cell although im not much of a fuel cell fan lol.

4. BAPD77

BAPD77 Oakley Expert Premium Member

No clear coat for sure.

Questions On Fallout Collection - 37e928e90db0fc391442e34c904f14a8.jpg

Questions On Fallout Collection - 0C2EA71B-E379-4B0F-AC83-C4447643F999.jpg

schenk likes this.
  5. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Omg I have to start out by saying I hate fuel cells. These are freaking amazing. Texture color and overall condition. Wow. Glad I picked up a pair

6. OakleyJared

OakleyJared Oakley Enthusiast

7. Simonh

Simonh Oakley Beginner

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

PIT BOSS

9. Supero100

Supero100 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I've not drop-tested my Breadboxes... but the finish feels like it's pretty strong. Could you scrape it off? Yes, probably, but not by accident.

I look like a doofus wearing Fuel Cells... the Breadbox fits similarly to a Jupiter Factory Light and looks much better on me.

There are 3 "levels" of Breadbox Fallouts - black, bronze, and rust. The black and bronze are around $220. The Rust retails at $650.

See my "recent purchases" thread here for pics of the Breadboxes...
    http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/fallout-collection-black-bronze-and-rust-decay-breadboxes.33499/

10. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

I own two pairs of breadbox fallout. The black pair and bronze pair. Both are cool pairs. But my favorite is the twoface pair Questions On Fallout Collection - uploadfromtaptalk1408725232891.jpg