• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quetsion About Vault Purchase???

Hey O-peoples
As I stated many times before, Im a newbie in the Oakley scene. So I got question about a recenct online vault purchase.
I recently purchased the white Oil Rigs they been selling on there for a while(1st version style???)

oakl_zps55481527.jpg

This is what I got.
IMG_20130330_083656_zps0adc5e1b.jpg

IMG_20130330_083204_zps987cda79.jpg

IMG_20130330_083217_zps0dad2723.jpg

Isn't this the 2nd version??
Also it only says MPH on earsteams
IMG_20130330_083126_zps61b40e93.jpg

But what really got me concerned was this generic bag.
No Oakley branding on it at all....????
IMG_20130330_083301_zps56f5d393.jpg

IMG_20130330_083314_zpse564ef18.jpg

End of vault description states this...
Please note that this lens/frame color combination is available for a limited time only. Due to the exclusive nature of the design, we cannot offer refunds on this product, and it is sold without warranty. We reserve the right to limit purchase quantities

I just wanna know if I got any real reasons for concern about this pair. Also anyone know whats the deal with the bag?
Plan on contacting Oakley, but wanna get your thoughts first

Thanks
-Jo

I almost would want a refund knowing how all of that turned out. The picture on the website doesn't represent what they sent you. And a generic looking storage bag is so not Oakley.

MPH means "Mister Potato Head", which means it's a pair made from parts and not one of the original released color combinations.

The icon in the stock picture is the first generation, your pair has the "castle" style 2nd generation icons. If you really wanted the previous style you might have a legit claim, but they'll probably tell you the pic is only a suggestion on an MPH pair.

The bag I don't get. I've gotten some like that with my SI M Frame 3.0, but not with retail pairs. It feels cheaper, with no branding and a thinner string. I was disappointed, it's likely another way to cut corners on costs.

Yeah I have some those microbags, very thin and very cheap, up to you but if it was me I would want to get what I paid for and that's a Gen 1 Oil Rig...

I just had an order arrive from an online vault purchase. The pic of the battalion low shoe is brown, and the description says sheet metal/black. I got the sheet metal/black.... And its not MPH!!!!

I just had an order arrive from an online vault purchase. The pic of the battalion low shoe is brown, and the description says sheet metal/black. I got the sheet metal/black.... And its not MPH!!!!
How would a shoe be MPH?

Let me know how you like those! I've been eyeing the Battalion series since they popped up on the Vault. After getting a Megajoule in 13 that fits too small I'm being cautious about shoe purchases.

I recently got my dad the brown tortoise Monsterdogs from the vault and the bag was the original one black with the white O says HDO, everything was good . sorry to see that happen to you.