1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. mopiko

mopiko Oakley Enthusiast

Hi guys, Need quick advise with a pair of Romeo i just received. One side of the frame is wobbly; the top gasket is still intact. Tried to remove the lens and insert gasket back & lastly tigten the t6 screw. Result: better, less wobbly. But still not tight. What do i need to replace in that case? New top gasket? Please advise :)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

nothing. its moving because it is designed to flex through the lens. dont overtighten the screw because you will encourange lens cracking. the frame flex is normal- its meant to do that, its not a solid-frame design. just take care of it as you would a flex coupler.

atrain likes this.
  3. mopiko

mopiko Oakley Enthusiast

Oh! Thx for the info Brip! Now that i know :) I have another identical pair that came rock solid though, no wobbly frame

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

i have a fix for that... a small modification to the lens so it is less likely to crack with use. or just dont use that pair haha. you can also try loosenin the screw slightly...

5. Eks

Eks Oakley Beginner

Try changing the orbital screw.. It'll tighten back to new condition.

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

its NOT meant to be rock solid if you want to actually use them. thats how you crack lenses. mopiko, the flex is perfectly normal....