• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quick Question

Menendez1293

Oakley Expert
Florida
I was wondering if anybody has had the white rubber pieces on their active glasses change color?
I have a pair of white jawbones and I was wondering if the rubber socks would change color with my sweat. I had a watch that was white and the rubber changed to a green color. The watch wasn't Oakley nor was it an expensive brand and I know oakley is a lot of a higher quality I was just wondering what you guys would say. Thanks for the help guys

I have a Matte white/Jade Flak Jacket

4be96a00ae0ca.jpg

and i had a blue frame with white socks Flak Jacket very similar to this:

4de002e646dcc.jpg

When looking at my Matte Whites, the socks look a bit dingy, but when i take them and match them up to the blue frame, they look the same.

For me, i just think the white on white makes them look.... less white.

But i would take them off every once in a while to clean them. You can use purell to clean the rubbers.

@spliceD thanks for the tip. That was my next question how do I clean them. I have a pair of gloss white with jade iridium vented lenses but I normally have black iridium non vented lenses in them.

My white socks on my Jawbones haven't changed colour but my son had a white adidas watch & his strap did go green just like you discribed. Could be down to the materal used on the strap with is different to the ear socks.

Back