• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quick Tutorial On Lens Chop

Great extensixe tutorial. Now I got a good idea on how its done, I may just start looking for donor lens to try and cut my own R1 lens. Thank you so much.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to share with The Collective.
This thread is a valuable addition to the site.
That's (not) a "Cold shot", Baby!

Just a question about your technique with the tools: Are you holding the lens in one hand and the (dremel?) in the other or is one stationary (either the lens or the dremel)? I'm not very familiar with using the tool but I would imagine that you would get better results with have one stationary either clamped lens or stationary sanding tool? (maybe a belt sander)?

Just a question about your technique with the tools: Are you holding the lens in one hand and the (dremel?) in the other or is one stationary (either the lens or the dremel)? I'm not very familiar with using the tool but I would imagine that you would get better results with have one stationary either clamped lens or stationary sanding tool? (maybe a belt sander)?

I hold the lens and use the micro pencil Dremel attachment to work around the lens. Then I do my bevel, them run them on my finishing wet lens wheel machine

Back