• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quitting smoking....

Mdgustaf

I should Work at Oakley
Lebanon, CT USA
Did a quick search and couldn't find anything. Wondering if anyone here has ever quit smoking? I am a month out and having a difficult time, looking for someone to talk to about their experience and hate most of the other forums (the only people that seem to stick around quitting forums are people still having problems which gets depressing quickly). I decided to quit cold turkey after having some other unrelated health complications, and am starting to really struggle with anxiety and the resulting IBS. Just looking for another outlet for support as at this point I'll take any encouragement I can find, but I am never going back!

Never smoked... Just DROPPIN a note of encouragement. You can do it! Winning is never easy but it can be done.

I wish my mom and aunt would quit!

Feel you pain ! I can stop cold turkey without any issues for the first month but as time goes on i become more of a prick ,i suffer from rage and get fustrated with people almost hourly (especially when driving ) to the point where i have gotten myself into situations ( I'll say no more) .
The longest i ever lasted was 9 months and one day without even realising i bought a pack I was back on them .
Best of on your endeavour and hope you have better luck than i

Feel you pain ! I can stop cold turkey without any issues for the first month but as time goes on i become more of a prick ,i suffer from rage and get fustrated with people almost hourly (especially when driving ) to the point where i have gotten myself into situations ( I'll say no more) .
The longest i ever lasted was 9 months and one day without even realising i bought a pack I was back on them .
Best of on your endeavour and hope you have better luck than i
Thank you for the info and support! Did you find that the psychological withdrawal symptoms diminish over 2-3 months at all? My anxiety seems to get better than worst, like a freaking roller coaster ride from day to day (and not the fun kind)... Hoping their is some light at the end of the tunnel!

I quit smoking, I used Chantix, and I tell you what it works 100%, it killed the cravings the need or want of a cigerett while on the pills. When I came off I do crave a cigerette once in a while but not as bad as I thought I would. I crave one when I smell cigeretts or someone smoking. But I have the will power to not have one, I'm over ever smoking again. But I owe all this to Chantix. If I tried to do it myself I would still be smoking. Unfortunetly I will crave a cigerette for the rest of my life it's the punishment for being a smoker. once you quit it gets better, and the cravings are far and between. You just have to find your outlet or state of mind to goto when you start craving: instead of smoking grab your phone and start filling the other addiction, search for Oakleys.

You can do it..... your mind is stronger than your body. Concentrate and keep your mind as calm as you can.

I've seen some people quit cold turkey and never turn back.......others though...they quit...and quit....and quit.....looks like they never truly wanted to quit.

Keep at it and you will show yourself you truly are stronger than the cigarette addiction

For the past 10 days I've been using an electronic cigarette and this has definitely made a huge impact on getting me off the cigs. I've gone from 30 per day down to 0 in the space of 24 hours all the while getting my nicotine fix, but without the smell, the tar, the nasty looks, etc. I'll eventually ween myself off the nicotine altogether, but like some other people, I am unable to give up cold turkey. If you've been at it a month already and don't want to risk the start up, there is a non-nicotine fluid out there that you can use. Just a thought.

I have no cravings fortunately... And I'm so skinny I could use to gain some weight so I don't have to much about about that side effect of withdrawal... What is really getting to me is the anxiety and intestinal discomfort. I happened to combine tobacoo with the greener stuff as well... Off both now and I will never go back, this last month of hell has convinced/scared me beyond a doubt to never go back!

Back