• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 have 2 serial

sibolang

I am Jim Jannard...
indonesia
i got r1 xmetal frame with double serial.anyone can explain? it's warranty frame?

IMG-20150609-WA0001.jpg

i would be interested, too.

i have the same on my plasma

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433828293.007765.jpg

the 001881 matches the box

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433828361.827614.jpg

warranty frames have no serial at all...

I just sold my old pair R1s which was bought straight from Oakley a long time back and I know that it had double serial. The buyer just requested a return and accused me of tampering the serial and manually etching a serial to match my R1 box, so I can jack up the price. I don't mind taking it back maybe it's really meant to stay but just want to know anything about the double serial on R1s.

I just sold my old pair R1s which was bought straight from Oakley a long time back and I know that it had double serial. The buyer just requested a return and accused me of tampering the serial and manually etching a serial to match my R1 box, so I can jack up the price. I don't mind taking it back maybe it's really meant to stay but just want to know anything about the double serial on R1s.

Yeah, it happens, no explanation why. Sounds like your buyer pulled a boner...

Yeah, it happens, no explanation why. Sounds like your buyer pulled a boner...
Honestly, I don't even know if there is anyone out there who can do it like how Oakley engraves the serial. I have seen some fakes before but I have not heard of anyone(non-Oakley) intentionally engraving a secondary serial just to match the box serial, have you?

Honestly, I don't even know if there is anyone out there who can do it like how Oakley engraves the serial. I have seen some fakes before but I have not heard of anyone(non-Oakley) intentionally engraving a secondary serial just to match the box serial, have you?

No, but it's not impossible - there have been some frames pop up with custom etching on the earstems, Juliets IIRC.

But it doesn't seem like the cost would be worth it, compared to the value it adds.