• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying R1 Plasma

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Looking for plasma/fire. Frame only is fine too. Thanks.

Some people reacted to this post.
Anyone?

theres a pair on ebay up to $815 with a few days left.

Thanks Brett, but that seems like an awful lot of money.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks Brett, but that seems like an awful lot of money.

Lol I know I want serious. unless you're extremely loaded. But I'm no expert, that may be the going rate?

It does seem high at ~800 but ~600 has been the price of a nice example lately.

Username Hidden said:
It does seem high at ~800 but ~600 has been the price of a nice example lately.

Dually noted, I figure it will be quite interesting considering there are three days left still.

There is another Plasma R1 on the bay that's BIN. Being sold with gold iridium lenses, but significantly cheaper.

Username Hidden said:
There is another Plasma R1 on the bay that's BIN. Being sold with gold iridium lenses, but significantly cheaper.

It's listed as a plasma, but I didn't think you could get a plasma/gold iridium combo. Those might be Titanium frames.

I hear ya. I have Titanium R1s with serials below (3Ks) and above (30Ks) and there no where near as shinny as the one pictured. They also have black rubbers too. I am pretty confident those are 1st gen plasma, but for the price I would want to be 100% sure.

Maybe contact the seller? Or contact Brip. He has a great eye for these color ways. There was a similar thread being discussed asking if a R1 was titanium or plasma due to the serial and Brip nailed it. Even if you don't want it at that price it may drop and you could be ready to pounce.