• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 QUESTION

no...these are plasma finished with bip lenses,nice shape but still just nice.this isn't for me..... this is from a guy who contacted me asking if he paid too much.he said he doesn't see them much so he just thought they were rare and the seller told him the 4358 number was low.i think he paid $500.00 to much

Another R1 question, a guy posted selling his item with a squared stem. is this true for R1? Thanks Guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another R1 question, a guy posted selling his item with a squared stem. is this true for R1? Thanks Guys!
Yeah, looking at my lower serial r1 and my jordan, the stems are squared like that, and the plasma/titanium and hogher serial pair i have are rounded, identical to xx and hammerstem juliet stems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the buyer of those R1's for $1050.00 .... I know I paid a lot and I'm being torn up here for doing that... but I decided to keep them. Shipping back internationally would cost $50 more, and I'm just tired of the hassle...returning them...waiting for the refund...finding another pair...gah...To recoup some loss I am flipping the lenses on ebay.
Should put the total to me at about $850 which I know is still alot but I'M OVER IT.

Initially I thought of it as an investment but now apparently the serial # is crap so whatever I'm just gonna keep and enjoy them. Sometimes you get hosed in life, sometimes you make out like a pirate, this time I got hosed. Plenty of times I've made out like a pirate! Like last week, I won an x-metal Romeo 1 frame for $450. To me that made up for my losses on the plasma frame. Also just got a pair of X-squared Ducati's BNIB for $400 on auction, another steal!

It was the only plasma pair I've seen for a while on ebay and I have seen them go for about this or more $ before. They are in mint condition sans the effects of 15 years time on the finish a little.

Just FYI I don't care about the boxes...whenever I get them I just sell them...I'm not about die hard oakley collecting/displaying/hoarding boxes etc. I'm about wearing them out!

BTW X-MAN I am wanting to send another pair of X-metal Romeos I just got to you for conversion to Carbon, that ok? Will PM for instructions when I get the frame they are in the mail now.