• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 Temple Screws Question

v2kjokerz

Oakley Expert
SoCal
Where can I get screws for the temple part of the R1? are these gonna be available at HQ or I need to find someone else for replacement screws? I need to know if I can get these while I'm waiting for a response from the guy that is selling me his R1 frame. also, where can I get the gasket for R1's too?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

You can try HQ but I doubt they'll have them. Gaskets are near impossible to find and if you do they're expensive. There's several sets of varying compositions on eBay but you'll pay in the $100 range and might not get all the gaskets (though you'll also get nosepieces in these sets and those are the only rubber part outside the gasket there isn't an aftermarket source for).

As for the T6 screws, those are hot swappable with any temple screws on any X Metal. You probably could get those through HQ, but if not Walleva sells sets on eBay for $10 shipped or around there. Just do "juliet screws" search and you'll pull up some T-6 sets which is what you want.

Where can I get screws for the temple part of the R1? are these gonna be available at HQ or I need to find someone else for replacement screws? I need to know if I can get these while I'm waiting for a response from the guy that is selling me his R1 frame. also, where can I get the gasket for R1's too?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Actually regular juliet T6 screws will be too short for the orbitals on the Romeo 1. Juliet T6 screws are 5MM versus Romeo 1 which is 8MM. The only people I know who sell the Romeo 1 screws is Linegear. The 5mm Juliet ones will fit if there is no gasket. If there is a gasket then they will be too short. Good luck on the gaskets I have not been able to find any.

Actually regular juliet T6 screws will be too short for the orbitals on the Romeo 1. Juliet T6 screws are 5MM versus Romeo 1 which is 8MM. The only people I know who sell the Romeo 1 screws is Linegear. The 5mm Juliet ones will fit if there is no gasket. If there is a gasket then they will be too short. Good luck on the gaskets I have not been able to find any.

well by the pictures, it has the screws for the orbital, what I would need are the screws for the earstems. are those gonna be the same?

Oh those may just be the regular T6 juliet screws then!

ok sweet, What I am gonna do is go to HQ with the frame (assuming I get the frames) and ask first if they have the stuff to repair it and if not ima nicely ask for juliets screws LOL. so much trouble for looking for stuff, I hope it's worth it........... it is right? :confused:

parts for the Romeo 1 are very hard to get and those stuff get's expensive too . . .
take a look @ ebay - a few parts on there but $$$
good luck with the hunt dude!

parts for the Romeo 1 are very hard to get and those stuff get's expensive too . . .
take a look @ ebay - a few parts on there but $$$
good luck with the hunt dude!

thats why it all depends on how much I can get the frames if I will go through this little project of mine :)

Back