• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale R2 custom cut lenses $100 shipped AU/US; +$5 UK

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
His inbox is full :(
I took 2 and a bit weeks of holiday and my inbox needs sweeping. Apologies for inconveniences; I'm clearing them up and replying now

Some people reacted to this post.
Pardon my ignorance. Pollaric elipsoid means the same curvature of oem romeo 2 lens?

Tough lens to cut and I'm sure the satisfied buyers will chime in of its fit and finish.

Positive Red XLJ cuts

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ice XLJ cuts

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Extenely happy with @jdd32 work on these lenses. Fit and finish are awesome.

I would not hesitate to purchase another set of R2 lenses to bring some new color to anyone of my R2s, again.

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
I took 2 and a bit weeks of holiday and my inbox needs sweeping.
Premium membership has unlimited email capacity, probably what a vendor needs.

Username Hidden said:
Pardon my ignorance. Pollaric elipsoid means the same curvature of oem romeo 2 lens?

Wondering the same thing...

Username Hidden said:

Tough lens to cut and I'm sure the satisfied buyers will chime in of its fit and finish.

Username Hidden said:
Wondering the same thing...

All xmetals are base 8.75. Polaric ellipsoid lenses (aka Turbine-like curve) are the closest acceptable alternative without distortion. The reason these lenses are affordable is because there's ample supplies vs large format 8.75 donors which are becoming relatively rare. It's a compromise on aesthetic vs spending a premium but without compromise on HDO vision.

I've 8.75 lenses as well but they have a smaller selection of tints and cost about $20 more (assuming I can still get them from my friends at Oakley...)

Username Hidden said:
All xmetals are base 8.75. Polaric ellipsoid lenses (aka Turbine-like curve) are the closest acceptable alternative without distortion. The reason these lenses are affordable is because there's ample supplies vs large format 8.75 donors which are becoming relatively rare. It's a compromise on aesthetic vs spending a premium but without compromise on HDO vision.

I've 8.75 lenses as well but they have a smaller selection of tints and cost about $20 more (assuming I can still get them from my friends at Oakley...)

in short, oem r2 lens has 8.75 curvature and polaric ellipsoid lenses do not have this 8.75 curvature?

Username Hidden said:
in short, oem r2 lens has 8.75 curvature and polaric ellipsoid lenses do not have this 8.75 curvature?

Correct. X-metals should have base 8.75 lenses where possible, but polaric are the only alternative base curve lenses. Using any other curvature lenses would start introducing distortions as the optics are significantly skewed despite one may not notice the distortions as the eye strains itself to try adjust & compensate