• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R2 Part

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
I just purchased my first 2 pairs of R2's and I was about to take the lenses out. I remember reading that there is a small part that can come out and easily get lost when removing the lenses. Can someone give me more info? I don't want to lose anything when I take them apart and I also don't know what to look for. Thanks!

You will want to hold them over a tray while taking them apart. So if anything drops it is caught, first of all. Good question, second of all. Thirdly, I think there will be a gasket and t6 screw on top, with another rubber gasket on the lower post. Nothing will "Shoot" out as if spring loaded. I hope that helps.

There's a round gasket where the lens screw goes through. They may drop off and roll away once you remove the screw. No biggie if you lose them - I've got spares

Good to know about the spares. So I just took the lenses out of the first pair. One side had no gasket at all. The other side did have a gasket. So I will be reaching out for at least one.

My next question is how the heck you put the gasket back in?? Seems like a delicate balancing act...

Installation is quite simple. Lay out mf cloth on table and place r2 face down. Insert gasket to lens cutout, and slide the lens in whilst it's still resting flat on the table. Line up the hole then screw it (literally). The gaskets stay in place within the cutout and good for a few years.

Back