• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing Jacket First Gen big score !!

Roach

Oakley Beginner
So last weekend I went mountain biking with a co-worker and he saw me wearing my Racing Jacket 2nd gen and tells me that he got a pair that's been sitting in the closet for the last 4 years with a bunch of lens since he has prescription now and can't wear them anymore and tells me that if I want them they are mine. So I jumped on the occasion a free frame with lens be crazy not to..

It's a nice way to start the day for sure !!!

here it is, it also has clear lens in them at the moment.

image1_zpsf2dfivnc.jpg

Last edited:
I have a question for all of you. The vented lens and the one on the other side of the frame are they VR28 never had a pair they have a pink tint to it and bright up the trail really good when riding.

And does anyone know what would be the equivalent in a Fuse lens ? Unfortunately my friend was not really careful with his lens and are pretty scratched up so I might be looking at a replacements..

I have a question for all of you. The vented lens and the one on the other side of the frame are they VR28 never had a pair they have a pink tint to it and bright up the trail really good when riding.

And does anyone know what would be the equivalent in a Fuse lens ? Unfortunately my friend was not really careful with his lens and are pretty scratched up so I might be looking at a replacements..
Without additional pictures it is hard to tell. It could be VR28, but that has a brown tint looking through it. My other guess is something like G30. I have not owned a pair of Racing Jackets.

After looking at some photos on Google it looks like VR28 with a blue iridium so far as it has the blue iridium color when I look at myself in the mirror.

I will see if I can snap some photo of them tonight..