• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing Jacket Gen 1 & 2 Custom Lenses

Hey @Manish to the best of my knowledge split jacket lenses won't work. Hopefully someone reading this can confirm. When I cut the last Gen 2 racing Jackets they were 63-64mm wide on each lens. We used pit bull lenses, and they measure 63 mm wide, they just barely worked! I checked online and it looks like the height of split is OK, BUT being that split jacket is only 62 mm wide it won't work! boo! Thumbs way down.

Hey @Manish to the best of my knowledge split jacket lenses won't work. Hopefully someone reading this can confirm. When I cut the last Gen 2 racing Jackets they were 63-64mm wide on each lens. We used pit bull lenses, and they measure 63 mm wide, they just barely worked! I checked online and it looks like the height of split is OK, BUT being that split jacket is only 62 mm wide it won't work! boo! Thumbs way down.
Damn...there goes my plan for an IH themed Gen 2 RJ ☹

If you bought the IH split lenses and they wouldn't work would you want to put in Juliet? That way you had a back up plan... Anyway. Good thought

I am not new to owning RJs gen 2 and custom cutting lenses. From my research with my own mm ruler. RJ Gen 1 65mm, RJ Gen 2 is 62mm, Big Taco is 62mm,
New RJs/Jawbone non vented is 62mm so those 2 for sure can be cut for RJ Gen 2 with extremely tight no error close cut or choose a shield lens then you have the room to take your time. I'll be cutting some soon and will post pictures.

@Oontz great clarification! On the o-review website I have seen information to the contrary. But I do agree with you. I've cut big taco, and pitbull lenses for Racing Jacket Gen 2 frames. So we've got it. Gen 1 65mm, Gen 2 62mm.... Thank you!

Latest Posts

Back