• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing Jacket gen 1 gen 2 & pro lenses sizes dif

Hi. I was searching a particular thread about RJs and encountered yours. I see that there was no response to it so figured that you still might be in need of some info :)
1st gen RJs are about 65mm in width. 2nd gen is just over 62mm as well as the PROs since they both share the same frame (the lens' vents are the only difference). I've asked FUSE about their lenses since there was rumors that they haven't got the same lens base (curvature) as the OEM ones. FUSE replied that indeed the curvature isn't the same yet the lenses fit. I'm not saying that they don't but I personally would scratch the inside surface of the lens since I've got quite long eyelashes. They've god cool colors <the red in my opinion is great, one guy here had them in frogskins and they look great). I've also spoken to a guy who bought the ones for 1st gen from sunglassfix and he says he's happy with them. As for now sunglassfix is the only site that I've seen that has gen 1 option. My brother has a pair on the way so when they'll come I'll know what's the deal. Sunglassfix has the dimensions on their site if you type in RACING JACKET and they are the proper ones. I assume you ask about the size difference since you don't fully trust them :) As for lenses I did a research about Oakley donors for 1st gen and it appears that there are none :/ However if you'd put your hands on a pair of big taco lenses you can have a beautiful custom cuts for 2nd gen/PROs. I've got 2 pairs equipped like that and they are great. Anyway below you can check pictures of my lenses measured.
1st gen.JPG
2nd gen.JPG
both.JPG

originally I was looking for a thread where one guy posted a picture of both generations frames next to each other but I can't find it. You can see the difference clearly on his photo. I'll send it to you if I'll find it.
P.S. Didn't want to be officious :D I'm an RJs maniac :D

Hello

Thanks for all your info, I ended buying lenses from Sunglassfix.Com.Au ideally I would like original Oakley lenses in my RJ.

Red Tiger

Which generation have you equipped with sunglassfix? Were you able to compare the curvatures? Is it the same as OEM?

Back