• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing Jacket = Jawbone 2.0?

g2manhou

Oakley Beginner
Is the "NEW" Racing Jacket just an upgraded version of the Jawbone? They look exactly the same, except the Racing Jackets are compatible with a strap and interchangeable icons?

If this is the case I feel very stupid for getting the Jawbone only a month before the Racing Jacket came out.

Yea they are the same except for the name and arms. Oakley was sued by Bluetooth headset company for the name and they had to change it. If you search through the forum you can find more answers

I just called Oakley to see if I can buy the Racing Jacket stems by themselves, they said I'd have to buy the whole thing with the lenses and all. I think that sucks. Anybody know of anywhere else I could get the stems by themselves? That strap would come very useful when I do my conditioning. I need some security for when I do my twists and turns.

I just called Oakley to see if I can buy the Racing Jacket stems by themselves, they said I'd have to buy the whole thing with the lenses and all. I think that sucks. Anybody know of anywhere else I could get the stems by themselves? That strap would come very useful when I do my conditioning. I need some security for when I do my twists and turns.

The Split Jacket was available when you bought the Jawbones, and it has the ability to use a strap.

g2manhou said:
If this is the case I feel very stupid for getting the Jawbone only a month before the Racing Jacket came out.

if you purchased them from Oakley, you'd have a 90 day return/exchange policy. Or down the road buy a drastically different colored Racing Jacket and you'll have a strapped frame, and 4 sets of lenses, 2 sets of bolts and jaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I made a thread on this awhile ago but basically it's a renamed Jawbone with some added features.

And you will never be able to just buy stems from Oakley.

Yeah, I wondered what the difference was. But, like the above stated, Oakley won't sell stems..

I mean, you could just return them