• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing jacket replacement lenses?

What model is the one this guy picks at min 5:10 for showing carbon colour?

at first I thought it was the racing jackets, but then I checked racing's images and realized the arm's hinge shape is different from the model of that video (at min 5:10).

Split Jacket. Similar to jawbone just a bit smaller and less edgy looking.

I feel the same way about venting and would prefer non-vented lenses. But as you pointed out, non-vented lenses are scarce. Memebers can offer you sets from their own collection and others will offer them on Ebay. Last summer, Oakley very briefly offered non-vented RJ lenses (with unique SKUs) on the main site but then disappeared just as fast.

If you cannot acquire Jawbone kits through members here or on Ebay, I suggest you try a vented RJ set and see what you think. I resorted to the vented lenses and found they were still very good and the venting did not obstruct vision as it did with Split Jacket. While I would still prefer non-vented, the venting is still preferable to an aftermarket lens and the difference may be immaterial to you.

Latest Posts

Back