• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing Jackets Vented Lenses Fogging Issues

border terrier

Oakley Beginner
Hi

I'm blind as a bat without specs so my prescription Racing Jackets are pretty important when I'm mountain biking. Despite having vented lenses they continually fog especially at this time of year or when it's raining. I've tried all the usual - spit, washing up liquid, polish and more recently Fogtech DX but nothing works. Any other suggestions?

Ya and sorry if this has been asked before. I did a search for fogging but couldn't find anything relevant.

I use jawbones (so the same thing) and i found i had fogging also even with vented. So i switched to the larger nosepad the frame now sits a little futher off my face and that seemed to fix the issue for me.

I use jawbones (so the same thing) and i found i had fogging also even with vented. So i switched to the larger nosepad the frame now sits a little futher off my face and that seemed to fix the issue for me.

Good call but how do I change the nose pads? I have the jaw-bone open and lens removed but it's not clear to me how to make the change?

They clip in i have not done it in a while but if i remember correctly open up the jaw and remove the lens then bring the nose piece down like you are reattaching but with out the jaw and keep pushing down and the pad should pop off.

They clip in i have not done it in a while but if i remember correctly open up the jaw and remove the lens then bring the nose piece down like you are reattaching but with out the jaw and keep pushing down and the pad should pop off.

Thanks. Managed to swap them now but I fear the sunglasses now sit rather too high and feel so. I'll try them on a ride and see if they do solve my fogging issues before thinking about changing them back.

With the larger nosepads you can pull the glasses away from your face slightly and they should sit in the same spot as having the glasses all the way against your face with the small nosebombs.

Back