• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Radar and radarlock lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
guys I need to get my lens sorted out
Gotta build a few pair for my son and my nephews
Working 12 hour days with a 2 1/2 drive so im limited on time to get them done
But I will post up what I have for trades when I get it sorted out

Some people reacted to this post.
@MSTech There are some that were documented as "no etch" . Those won't have any markings. I got a few,primarily in Jade.
And there were also some Polarized ones that did not have the "Polarized" text either...likely because they were for OCP (so they could have personalized etching instead ,if needed)

What does OCP mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping this...

Anybody have an update on what they have available for trade? By now all of us have received our bundles and should know what we're keeping.

Username Hidden said:
Question, do all the radar lock lenses have the "Oakley" on the middle of the lens?
Thanks
I believe that safehouse lenses (i.e. those supplied to Olympians) don't due to logo restrictions imposed by the IOC

Username Hidden said:
I believe that safehouse lenses (i.e. those supplied to Olympians) don't due to logo restrictions imposed by the IOC
Yup! I have a couple of those.

Guys, I'd advise y'all verify that what all you have is what was described.

For one thing, it seems he only listed polar etched lenses as polar. But in my batch there were a few not listed as polar that actually turned out to be polar, just unetched. Do the LCD screen test.

Then, +red is one of the colors that there seem to be a lot of. Double-check your base tint on those - half of the +reds in my batch turned out to actually be OO red polar, unetched...

Then I also had a couple of jade, one polar and one not. I was noticing the polar jade really didn't have more than a faint hint of green in it, was primarily blue. After further analysis I concluded it's actually Deep Blue polar (I happened to have another example of those for comparison), which IMO is a sweet score...

The point being, if there's some trading going on here it's worth taking a little time to verify what you have before you start making deals. You might accidentally give away something you'd have rather kept, had you known what you really had...

Checked all of mine (about 25:oops:) and all my polarized lenses are marked. Lots of + red, which my daughter immediately fell in love with so a few of those and a G30 edge and a fire lens were immediately adopted.. Sadly none of the + Reds were OO:( Dealing with @OakleyTrader15 is always a pleasure though and I'm stocked up with Radar lenses for the foreseeable future :D

Sorry to everyone for any misinformation.
I tried to be as accurate as possible but I didn't verify any of the nonpolar to be polar.

Glad for those that took advantage of the deal and happy trading

Back