• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radar Ev Path Asian Fit Question

NattyBoh410

I should Work at Oakley
What's up everyone just wondering if anyone knows if the 'Asian Fit' Radar EV Path only pertains to the type of nose bombs that come attached? If this is the case, can I just switch to the spare one provided for a standard fit? I have a good feeling that this is the case but I would feel more confident about buying this model by having another opinion. I do know that for some models Oakley slightly changes the parameters of the frames and nose bridge for those who have trouble with the standard fit. I have come across the RadarEv Path Green Fade/PRIZM Road- Asian Fit(NIB) on eBay for a great deal but want to be totally sure before spending the money. Any input you guys can give will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

For the older styles the Asia fit (only with some frames) actually isn't only the nose bridge, they widen the whole frame to make it sit correct on someone with less of a nosebridge. But since the radar ev Asian fit can fit regular fit lenses in it I'd assume the only difference is the nose bridge shape. So even if you change the piece of rubber that piece you stick it on to it might fit different still since the nose bridge might be smaller.

Also. If you were to put a Non Asia fit radar ev lens on a radar ev Asian fit the lens will be LONGER ( most likely will rest on cheeks.)

The Asian fit lenses seem to be shorter

Markman69 thanks for the input that's what I was assuming. I feel like I wouldn't have an issue with AF but better to be safe than sorry. Anyone else have any input? Maybe anyone with first hand experience when coming to AF Radar ev ?

Actually the Radar EV Asian Fit frame sits wider on the head than the regular fit ones. The regular fit Radar EV sit a lot tighter on one's head.
-Lenses will fit both but the asian fit lenses are shorter than the regular fit ones.
-Yes there is still the option of the thick and thin nosebombs to further adjust the fit.

To the OP,if you buy the Asian fit one and change the nose bombs that is exactly what you would have: asian fit with changed nose bombs. In order to be fully regular fit it has to be the regular fit frame).

Radarlocks for example,are different in that the only thing that changes is the nose bomb.

Btw there's some listings for that same model in regular fit at great prices on eBay.

Markman69 thanks for the input that's what I was assuming. I feel like I wouldn't have an issue with AF but better to be safe than sorry. Anyone else have any input? Maybe anyone with first hand experience when coming to AF Radar ev ?

See my comments above. I have both regular and asian fit Radar EVs in my collection so I know the differences

Thanks a lot for the input. Will take all of that into consideration for sure. If I have a chance in the next few days I might stop in to the O Vault in my area and see if they have an Asian fit Radar EV I can try on for comparison. Appreciate the responses, I've been having a tough time finding a straight up answer to this question

Latest Posts

Back