1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ajs2294

ajs2294 Oakley Beginner

While searching on eBay I noticed a lot of frames between 80-120 dollars. Is it standard practice for people to split up frames and lenses for sales? Or should I be concerned they are fake?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

I've seen it done for the Radarlock also. In practice it's a logical attempt to make more money. Part-outs will yield more gains assuming you sell everything. Almost thought of getting the Cavendish or GP75 frames.

I know with Radars, there's a higher risk of them being fake just for being the simpler and older frame design. You really just need a careful eye on each auction you're interested in.

ajs2294 likes this.
  3. ajs2294

ajs2294 Oakley Beginner

4. s3sunruh

s3sunruh Oakley Collector

Look okay to me. Ghost Text isn't something I've seen faked (someone can correct me on this, but I've never seen it)

5. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

I don't know Radars too well. Seems with reputation and buyer protection it's legit. It's a tough one to bother imitating.

6. ajs2294

ajs2294 Oakley Beginner

I appreciate the feedback guys. I really liked them and for the price I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll be switching my black iridium polarized lenses in them. But I'm also thinking about possibly getting some blue iridium lenses and blue socks! Been on here for a day and its already a "bad" influence ;)

dave m likes this.