• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Radar Frames, Or Radars With Clear Lenses. Not Asian Fit.

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

hi guys, im going to school to become a welder, and need safety glasses whenever i am in the metal shop. being an O addict i thought id try to get a pair of radars to use for that, im looking for a radar frame (i dont know what color yet ill think about anything) or a pair with a clear lens. i will consider any color for a good price! thanks guys!

Some people reacted to this post.
I used split jackets this summer as safety glasses. Great coverage and can be used for casual wear as well. Just a suggestion.

i like my si m frames with clear lens for safety glasses. just my .02

Username Hidden said:
hi guys, im going to school to become a welder, and need safety glasses whenever i am in the metal shop. being an O addict i thought id try to get a pair of radars to use for that, im looking for a radar frame (i dont know what color yet ill think about anything) or a pair with a clear lens. i will consider any color for a good price! thanks guys!

The only difference between the Standard Radar and the Asian Fit ones are just the nose piece. Just make sure the one you get has the smaller one.

Username Hidden said:
The only difference between the Standard Radar and the Asian Fit ones are just the nose piece. Just make sure the one you get has the smaller one.

wrong. asian fit radar frames are actually wider and flatter in front. its a completely different shaped frame.

i use a matte black with clear radar for my safety glasses. its kickass.. oakley still sells clear lenses on the website, and some come on ebay sporadically..

Username Hidden said:
wrong. asian fit radar frames are actually wider and flatter in front. its a completely different shaped frame.

i use a matte black with clear radar for my safety glasses. its kickass.. oakley still sells clear lenses on the website, and some come on ebay sporadically..

So the Asian fit Radar's use a different lens? I just traded a Asian Fit Radar with Uluahunter and it fit standard lenses. I actually traded two Radars with Ulua and one was supposed to be a Standard one. Metallic Blue Radar Pitch with G20 Black Iridium lens. Cannot verify though since there was no SKU on the frame.

Sorry CharlieKane for the mis-information?

Username Hidden said:
So the Asian fit Radar's use a different lens? I just traded a Asian Fit Radar with Uluahunter and it fit standard lenses. I actually traded two Radars with Ulua and one was supposed to be a Standard one. Metallic Blue Radar Pitch with G20 Black Iridium lens. Cannot verify though since there was no SKU on the frame.

Sorry CharlieKane for the mis-information?

they use the same lenses, the change in curvature is slight enough that the lens can flex to accomodate. best way to tell is the width of the frame. if you lay one on top of another, the earstems on the AF will "bow out" more.

there is also some miscommunication with the oakley store staff. i know alot of stores call the big nosebomb "asian fit" and ive even seen some stores call the path lens "asian fit" ( because the cutouts on the bottom of the lens prevents cheek-touching compared to strike). it annoys me that they do that, but i figure its a marketing ploy to sell the frames if they seem to be "designed to fit" the customer. and that throws alot of confusion into the mix- i had a friend with a livestrong radar come and tell me his was asian fit (pointing to the path lens), where in fact there are no asian fit livestrongs. ill bet it was the salesperson that gave him tht idea.

Latest Posts

Back