• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radar Path Vs Radarlock ( Custom Or No Custom?)

100Plus

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

Im very new to this forum here and I've been wanting to change to oakley for quite sometime. Frankly speaking my current sports shades hurts my cheek and so i wanted to go for Oakley. I always washed my Shades so i think radarlock would suits me but i need all your professional opinions on radar vs radarlock. I wanted to get myself a custom radar or radarlock with the following frame colors (Matte black, Matte Black ink, matte white, silver) kind of hard to choose from :confused:

I generally use it for running i've been eyeing for (Fire Irdium or + red Iridium or jade iridium) & Ice iridium . But i think it would be stupid to get a 10% light transmission and a say 16% lights transmission. Do advice me as i've been at the custom oakley webpage looking for potential deals :0

Thank you

Hi,

Im very new to this forum here and I've been wanting to change to oakley for quite sometime. Frankly speaking my current sports shades hurts my cheek and so i wanted to go for Oakley. I always washed my Shades so i think radarlock would suits me but i need all your professional opinions on radar vs radarlock. I wanted to get myself a custom radar or radarlock with the following frame colors (Matte black, Matte Black ink, matte white, silver) kind of hard to choose from :confused:

I generally use it for running i've been eyeing for (Fire Irdium or + red Iridium or jade iridium) & Ice iridium . But i think it would be stupid to get a 10% light transmission and a say 16% lights transmission. Do advice me as i've been at the custom oakley webpage looking for potential deals :0

Thank you

For me they're very comfortable and form fitting, have you tried them on yet?
To me the radarlocks felt better/less pinch at the back.

For me they're very comfortable and form fitting, have you tried them on yet?
To me the radarlocks felt better/less pinch at the back.

Yes actually i tried both. Both feel as good. As the radarlock has a mechanism when u flip it open it seems kind of fun.

People dont be shy to comment let me know all ur professional views. :D More comments to support a beginner here :D

100 plus,
I went to an Oakley Store to buy my Wife a pair of Jupiter Squared's, and they had a bogo 50% off sale. I got a pair of Radars for $60 with the G30 lens. I'd look for a deal like that. You can save some serious cash. I didn't see the Radar Lock being worth the extra cash. You do have to be careful with the Radar Nosepiece, though. I had mine break the first night. When I went back to the Store, they had another 2 pairs break when taking the lens off. It was really weird.

I'd get a low light lens, and a brighter light lens. Like the VR28 or G30 for low light (They also work well in bright light), and depending on your activity an Iridium lens. I'm going to get a Black Iridium Polarized once it gets a bit more Sunny here.

Just my two cents.

I have both, and I absolutely love my radarlocks. As said before, they don't apply as much pressure behind your ear, and the ability to switch out lenses with the switchlock is fun! I can just as easily swap lenses in my normal radar though.

I think if you can get a good deal on either pair, you will be extremely happy as they are both fantastic glasses!

I'm the type of person that alway wants the latest stuff, so radarlocks are my pick, eBay has great prices on radarlocks . It worth the price since the lens changes out really fast. Most likely since your on this forum latter down the line you'll end up owning both radar and radarlocks .

I can tell you that for me, Radarlock is much more comfortable, less pressure in the fitment, and personally are way better fitting than regular radar. I was building an array for myself in Radar for safety glasses, shooting glasses, and certain sports applications...Now, scrapped that and bought up lock lenses!!

woah nice to hear that i wan a Jupiter squared too :)
100 plus,
I went to an Oakley Store to buy my Wife a pair of Jupiter Squared's, and they had a bogo 50% off sale. I got a pair of Radars for $60 with the G30 lens. I'd look for a deal like that. You can save some serious cash. I didn't see the Radar Lock being worth the extra cash. You do have to be careful with the Radar Nosepiece, though. I had mine break the first night. When I went back to the Store, they had another 2 pairs break when taking the lens off. It was really weird.

I'd get a low light lens, and a brighter light lens. Like the VR28 or G30 for low light (They also work well in bright light), and depending on your activity an Iridium lens. I'm going to get a Black Iridium Polarized once it gets a bit more Sunny here.

Just my two cents.

Latest Posts

Back