• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radar Vs Radarlock Differences?

When i had my Radar, i thought "Meh, it's okay", but i cant live without my Radarlocks. There are many reasons why I feel this way.

When i had my Radar, i thought "Meh, it's okay", but i cant live without my Radarlocks. There are many reasons why I feel this way.
care to explain sir ??

to me, they look almost identical - like literally almost exactly the same.....

for me, lens swapping within respective frames has little effect on which ones I should buy...

the above comment may have sounded weird, but let me explain - it doesn't matter to me if the Radar lens swapping is easier or more difficult than lens swapping on the RadarLocks...

I'm curious to hear from someone who has owned both pair the pros and cons of each :)

care to explain sir ??

to me, they look almost identical - like literally almost exactly the same.....

for me, lens swapping within respective frames has little effect on which ones I should buy...

the above comment may have sounded weird, but let me explain - it doesn't matter to me if the Radar lens swapping is easier or more difficult than lens swapping on the RadarLocks...

I'm curious to hear from someone who has owned both pair the pros and cons of each :)

I use to own alot of radars, but sold them all except for the limited edition pairs I have: TDF, Ichiro and BMX.

only reason why alot people keep there radar is cause they have alot of lens , so there kind of locked in.

I sold all my regular pairs on ebay and upgraded to radarlocks.

Radarlocks are lighter, easier to switch lens, also they don't squeeze your head as tight as regular radars. Radarlock you can wear on top your head all day and forget your even wearing glasses.

Radar

+ Range Lenses
- Creak

Radarlock

+ Lighter
+ More comfortable
+ Don't creak
+ Easier to switch lenses
+ Come with 2 lenses as standard

- More expensive due to two lenses as standard

That's my view on the two. I have 6 Radars and 3 Radarlocks so obviously like both. Now I will only buy Radarlocks because they are definitely more comfortable.

With regards the Vault website you won't get all lenses on there as the Vault is discontinued or MPH styles mainly. If you want the full range of lenses you need the main site

Neil

I have 6 Radars and 3 Radarlocks so obviously like both. Now I will only buy Radarlocks because they are definitely more comfortable.

I use to own alot of radars, but sold them all except for the limited edition pairs I have: TDF, Ichiro and BMX.

thanks for the information ya'll....

I like how tight my Radars are because I use them while riding my motorcycle...

last thing I need is to look back at traffic and have my new set of RadarLocks fly right off my face...

my current Radars don't "creek", but then again I've only had them for about 3 or 4 weeks....

p.s.
my wife bought me the 30 Year Sport Radars during lunch today - they look uuuhh-maaayyy-zing !!!!!

My radarlock pairs have all been creaky and wobbly. The radars I had were more solid (still wobbly though).
I can deal with creeky, but not so much wobbly...

at 75mph, you want those things hugging your head hard, especially when you turn your head and look behind you - they need to be tight or that wind will fling them right off.....

The radarlocks also have holes at the back of the earstems so you can attach a head strap.
there is a damn good chance I pick up some RadarLocks this year anyways HAHA !!!!

thanks for all the info though ya'll - very helpful...

Back