• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock Demonstration

retinaburn and sander are right. Switchlock relieves stress on the lens. I haven't seen these in person so i can't give you a detailed description but there is always a purpose behind what Oakley puts out. Take the fast jackets for example, takes longer to change the lens than a flak jacket but the lens is suspended while in the frame. Also it puts people at ease not hearing all the cracks and pops of changing the lens, thinking they will brake it.

If you've ever seen the Switchlock in person also, especially on the Fast Jacket, you can tell how the lens is made to "float" so they don't get warped by snapping them in.

I see the point, however is it completely necessary? Previous models were just fine before Switchlock came out.

I believe it's so the lens doesn't get warped and to prevent stress on the frame. I have personally seen radars crack, especially the fmj, after repeated lens swapping. Plus it's a new product that they can charge more for and one that will put people at ease while changing their lens

Latest Posts

Back