• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock Demonstration

OpinionatedOakley said:
How do you know this? Just curious.

Retinaburn is close I believe. In the case on the Jawbone, there is what Oakley calls the "floating lens system" which reduces stress on the lens. It wouldn't be possible without the two frame pieces connected by the switchlock. I believe the reason for RadarLock's release is to both add to the popular and Oakley-unique switchlock series, and to keep things new and fresh. The radar has been ripped off and copied by many other brands to some extent and introducing RadarLock allows there to be a new style in the family.

OakMan42 said:
does anyone know if the current radar lenses will be compatible with radarlock and vice versa?

Due to the way the lens is seated with the switchlock mechanism, gen 1 radar lenses will not fit RadarLock. There also is no Range shape, at least yet..

Just fun info; I just left my store looked at the new radar lock and it is a lot easier than this video makes it seem, I am sure that you will be able to change this lense much faster than original radar. It is easy to learn it took just a quick glimpse to figure it out.

I can change a Radar lens in 5 seconds or so, if I can beat that time with a Radarlock I'd be impressed. My problem is that having to deal with the latches delays the change time.

I'm not racing a clock when I do a lens swap. And if I were in a situation where an extra few seconds mattered, like a bike race, I'd rather have a full second set handy to simply swap glasses instead of dink around with lenses.

I'm not racing a clock when I do a lens swap. And if I were in a situation where an extra few seconds mattered, like a bike race, I'd rather have a full second set handy to simply swap glasses instead of dink around with lenses.

I felt this way when i was running...switch out lenses during the race, OR simply wear a pair with HI yellow and then switch to a pair with +red.

I don't care that much about the lens change technique. Oakley gets them in there somehow, and that's the same way I do it when I swap. Heck, frames that are not advertised as "quick change" are sometimes easier to change the lenses on than some advertised to that purpose! Exception being the Mag Switch.

Besides, you all know that with the way the lenses get dirty, the pain of cleaning, and the risk of dropping or scratching them, you don't want to swap lenses anyway. You just buy new frames and stick your lenses in there. Especially when Radar frames are $50 shipped all day but a new set of lenses is at least $70.

All this to say, the real allure here is the frame styling. I like it, and that's why I'll get one of these.

I just had a thought of them blowing out lenses and frames of the standard Radar. I would go nuts with discounted Range lenses. I doubt it would happen, they didn't do a mass cleansing of the M-Frame after Radar came out.

I'm already seeing a decrease in stock for that cut though. My local Vault sent every Range they had back to Oakley, altrec only has a couple tints in stock, doesn't seem like Oakley is too keen on keeping them stocked?

Rustpot said:
I just had a thought of them blowing out lenses and frames of the standard Radar. I would go nuts with discounted Range lenses. I doubt it would happen, they didn't do a mass cleansing of the M-Frame after Radar came out.

I'm already seeing a decrease in stock for that cut though. My local Vault sent every Range they had back to Oakley, altrec only has a couple tints in stock, doesn't seem like Oakley is too keen on keeping them stocked?

They are decreasing stock on the less popular colors, both in prebuilt pairs and custom options. But radar is definitely not done as there is a new lens shape - Edge. It is the new "women's" radar cut, based off the edge shape from Enduring. Saw the freshwater with grey at Arizona Mills Vault today!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back