1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. max4321

max4321 Oakley Enthusiast

Is it just me or have the radarlock lenses become harder to switch? I have a pair of radarlocks from 2012 and, both then and now, the lenses are super easy to swap out, it takes almost no force at all. However I recently purchased some prizm road and trail lenses and it is virtually impossible to get them in. I end up having to wrench the frame and really force the lenses into the frame.
    Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I've been switching prizm road and trail in radarlock and haven't really had a problem. I just had to make sure the left side is fully seated before snapping in the nosebridge.

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

There has always been a certain amount of tolerance with lenses and frames. Some don't like each other.

Bosoxyacht likes this.
  4. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

This, or the frame cut was just fudged somewhere. I've had that with my Jade lenses at the hooks. Careful sanding took care of it.

5. max4321

max4321 Oakley Enthusiast

Ok, thank you for the swift replies.

6. steveadorjan

steveadorjan Oakley Beginner

I've actually experienced the same issue, both with Prizm and with Photochromic. The latter are thicker than regular lenses, and the Prizm seems a little bit thicker too (but not as much as the Photochromic). But it also seems to depend on the frame: with one of my Radarlock frames there is less stiction in the corner (the non-lock right corner).