• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock Lenses

thanks guys. another question would you recommend ice or jade iridium if you had to choose between the two and why?

thanks guys. another question would you recommend ice or jade iridium if you had to choose between the two and why?

I have both and to me it's pretty close. Both use the a grey base lens. Not sure if the blue is what makes up the 7%% difference but I like them both equally. The darker ice lens makes me take my glasses off sooner though when the light intensity becomes less.

What are your uses for the lenses?

I have both and to me it's pretty close. Both use the a grey base lens. Not sure if the blue is what makes up the 7%% difference but I like them both equally. The darker ice lens makes me take my glasses off sooner though when the light intensity becomes less.

What are your uses for the lenses?

i agree, ice handles bright light better, but jade is a great neutral all rounder

i do a lot of jogging and play softball as well so i was curious between those two. also was looking at the red or fire but was leaning towards the ice or jade i guess vented preferably since i am sweating while wearing. but appreciate the info guys

i do a lot of jogging and play softball as well so i was curious between those two. also was looking at the red or fire but was leaning towards the ice or jade i guess vented preferably since i am sweating while wearing. but appreciate the info guys

You gotta watch out for Red since the Positive Red Iridium and the OO Positive Red Iridium is different.

Fire is similar to Ice. I think they are both 10% light transmission.

You gotta watch out for Red since the Positive Red Iridium and the OO Positive Red Iridium is different.

Fire is similar to Ice. I think they are both 10% light transmission.

BUT fire has an amber base that throws colors off.. whereas Ice is a neutral base which keeps colors true. depends on your use.. for sport, i would recommend G30 for cloudy days and probably the ice over the fire for bright sun. Fire tends to wash out colors making it hard to discern things quickly.

FIRE iriduim are my favorite lenes, my next lens going be the photochomatic I do alot of running early in the morning before the sun comes out, so It be nice to have sunglasses that adjust to the sunlight.

Back