1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

It's not for-sure but I'm considering getting a pair or radarlocks plus some replacement lenses so I end up with BIP, Prizm daily, Prizm road, and Prizm trail.

For the purposes of this inquiry, we'll use MSRP prices...

Were I to get a radarlock path with Prizm trail ($240) and add replacements for BIP ($130), Prizm daily ($150), and Prizm road ($100), the total would be $620.

But, were I to get almost-identical-frame radarlock path with BIP & VR28 BI ($300) and add replacements for Prizm trail ($100), Prizm daily ($150), and Prizm road ($100), the total would be $650.

Sure, that's $30 more, but you end up with an additional VR28 BI lens, which, as replacements, go for $80. So it's like $50 in savings, apples-to-apples.

And VR28 BI is a desirable lens. But, with Prizms daily, road, and trail, would there really be any use for VR28 BI or would it be redundant, functionally?

What would you do?

Save the $30 and exclude VR28 BI, or spend the $30 to get the extra lens for cheap?

Last edited: 2/9/15
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Option C, save that money for that Madman raw you've been lusting after for months. Did you hear it comes with a special case AND a serial number?

kronin323 likes this.
  3. kronin323

A SPECIAL CASE?!?!? WELL SHEEEIIIT I'M SOLD!!! :D

4. On a more serious note, more lenses is always better. Maybe you trade it for something down the line, or you take a spill and mess up one of the other lenses. Glasses aren't much use without lenses so when pricing permits more is always better.

thisguy, Pierre Naude and kronin323 like this.
  5. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Spend the extra money, then sell or trade the VR28BI lens to off-set some of the cost of your purchase.

thisguy and kronin323 like this.
  6. Litos

Litos I believe in babies, music, magic and mom and dad

all of this.......

7. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Do you really need all 3 Prizm lenses?

8. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

I would spend the extra 30 bucks. Sell the lense if you dont need it.

thisguy likes this.
  9. kronin323

Need, want... :D

By my understanding Daily isn't quite dark enough for full-on sun (thus the BIP) but is the darkest of the three I listed and would probably get the most facetime. But I want good driving-in-rain options, too, and road may be good for that, or at least overcast. Trail, being the lightest of the three (or so I hear) might be better than road in the heaviest rain, and /or also might be the best choice for wooded hiking / biking.

But I'm just considering plans right now; I want to check them all out firsthand before committing.

10. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

honestly at this point i would flip a coin. haha.