• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock path, BIP + Prizm sets - what would you do?

What would you do?

• Total voters

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
It's not for-sure but I'm considering getting a pair or radarlocks plus some replacement lenses so I end up with BIP, Prizm daily, Prizm road, and Prizm trail.

For the purposes of this inquiry, we'll use MSRP prices...

Were I to get a radarlock path with Prizm trail ($240) and add replacements for BIP ($130), Prizm daily ($150), and Prizm road ($100), the total would be $620.

But, were I to get almost-identical-frame radarlock path with BIP & VR28 BI ($300) and add replacements for Prizm trail ($100), Prizm daily ($150), and Prizm road ($100), the total would be $650.

Sure, that's $30 more, but you end up with an additional VR28 BI lens, which, as replacements, go for $80. So it's like $50 in savings, apples-to-apples.

And VR28 BI is a desirable lens. But, with Prizms daily, road, and trail, would there really be any use for VR28 BI or would it be redundant, functionally?

What would you do?

Save the $30 and exclude VR28 BI, or spend the $30 to get the extra lens for cheap?

Last edited:
Option C, save that money for that Madman raw you've been lusting after for months. Did you hear it comes with a special case AND a serial number?

On a more serious note, more lenses is always better. Maybe you trade it for something down the line, or you take a spill and mess up one of the other lenses. Glasses aren't much use without lenses so when pricing permits more is always better.

Do you really need all 3 Prizm lenses?

Need, want... :D

By my understanding Daily isn't quite dark enough for full-on sun (thus the BIP) but is the darkest of the three I listed and would probably get the most facetime. But I want good driving-in-rain options, too, and road may be good for that, or at least overcast. Trail, being the lightest of the three (or so I hear) might be better than road in the heaviest rain, and /or also might be the best choice for wooded hiking / biking.

But I'm just considering plans right now; I want to check them all out firsthand before committing.

Back