• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RadarLock XL Replacement Lenses

pingmonster

Oakley Beginner
Recently purchased RadarLock XL Straight Stem (OO9196-06) in Oz. It came with TWO lenses, one iridium polarized and one iridium lens.
I really love this sunny and looking forward to buying replacement lenses but just could not find one on Oz web site. (except US web site)
There are few Radarlock pitch and path but no XL.

Just wondering if those pitch or path lenses would fit into XL?

Regards

The lens needs to be an XL lens. Basically the only difference of the XL and the regular radarlock aside from the straight stem is the actual nose piece attachment is a pinch longer. This makes it sit higher up on the face. But the lens is longer as well.

Just checked for you and we can confirm that any Radarlock lens will fit into your XL frame (path, pitch, edge etc).

We do, however, sell the XL lenses as replacement lenses also. Pretty good selection too;

http://www.shadestation.co.uk/XL-Sunglasses.html

Check 'em out on the link above.

But it doesn't fit so how can you confirm that? A regular radarlock lens will not fit an XL frame it fits into the frame because obviously they're the same frame but the nose piece is several cm longer and doesnt hold it in place.

After reading this I called our Oakley technical rep who confirmed it. I also read your comment and was intrigued myself so I went and put a path lens in one of our XL frames. It fit perfectly :)

PS. The nose bridge area is the same width as a regular 'non-XL' lens. The lens itself is simply deeper to cover the bottom of your eyes more effectively.

y9ygerus.jpg

The black iridium is a REGULAR radarlock lens

The yellow is a XL radarlock lens.

They're two totally different sizes. Idk maybe I am confused on what the question is but to me they aren't interchangeable.

Thanks branfootball....Your picture tells thousand words and makes one decision..... Don't buy pitch or path lenses to fit into XL.
They just don't fit 'Properly' into XL.:(

A quick question to Shade Station....
I had a look through your web site looking for XL replacement lenses...but couldn't find one with "Black Iridium Polarized" nor "G30 Iridium Polarized"
Is it something that Oakley don't make these lenses or just don't have one yet? Of cause to fit XL....

Regards

Back